Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

A bought a packet of habanero crisps today expecting something hot but not painful, but in fact five minutes after eating four of these crisps my eyes are watering and my tongue is burning. Fair play to the crisp manufacturer for making the first truly hot crisp I've had in my life but it's actually not very pleasant, so I won't be getting them again.

A bought a packet of habanero crisps today expecting something hot but not painful, but in fact five minutes after eating four of these crisps my eyes are watering and my tongue is burning. Fair play to the crisp manufacturer for making the first truly hot crisp I've had in my life but it's actually not very pleasant, so I won't be getting them again.

what make are they and where did you get them?

what make are they and where did you get them?

"Blair's Death Rain" brand, from yon Mexican/Spanish/American deli on Great Western Road. Can't remember the name, googling... aye, it's called Lupe Pintos:

http://www.lupepintos.com/

I was in for some chipotles and jarred queso and other things and these caught my eye.

Fuckin Glasgow Subway :angry:

At St Enoch station at about 2 o clock, I approach the ticket desk.

"Return to St George's Cross please

"£2.40"

Hand over cash,

Ticket dispensed

"Cheers mate".

So off I go to Firhill, come back after the game and get my ticket out and I put it through the slot in the barrier. I attempt to walk through the turnstyle and whack straight into it, it hasn't moved. Red words flash saying "please seek assistance". So after trying a couple more times I say to the desk

"Hi excuse me, my ticket's not working"

"Let's see it....this is a single"

"How can it be I asked for a return?"

"This is a single, purchased from St Enoch"

"But I asked for a return and was charged for one"

Cue look of 'f**k all we can want to do about it'. Despite my protestations that I'd been overcharged they weren't having it, and said I had to pay for a single again. The most infuriating part was one of the guy's faces - the most purile, smug look you'll ever see on his fat specky face. c**t. So I'm out another £1.20 just to go 3 stops. I know you'll give me the "you should've checked the ticket" routine but why should I? I expect to be given the right ticket and not be overcharged 100%. Could they not see I went to use the ticket to get through and hurting myself in the process when the barrier didn't work? Why would I do that if I hadn't purchased a return ticket? c***s.

That is all, I feel better now :)

Fuckin Glasgow Subway :angry:

At St Enoch station at about 2 o clock, I approach the ticket desk.

"Return to St George's Cross please

"£2.40"

Hand over cash,

Ticket dispensed

"Cheers mate".

So off I go to Firhill, come back after the game and get my ticket out and I put it through the slot in the barrier. I attempt to walk through the turnstyle and whack straight into it, it hasn't moved. Red words flash saying "please seek assistance". So after trying a couple more times I say to the desk

"Hi excuse me, my ticket's not working"

"Let's see it....this is a single"

"How can it be I asked for a return?"

"This is a single, purchased from St Enoch"

"But I asked for a return and was charged for one"

Cue look of 'f**k all we can want to do about it'. Despite my protestations that I'd been overcharged they weren't having it, and said I had to pay for a single again. The most infuriating part was one of the guy's faces - the most purile, smug look you'll ever see on his fat specky face. c**t. So I'm out another £1.20 just to go 3 stops. I know you'll give me the "you should've checked the ticket" routine but why should I? I expect to be given the right ticket and not be overcharged 100%. Could they not see I went to use the ticket to get through and hurting myself in the process when the barrier didn't work? Why would I do that if I hadn't purchased a return ticket? c***s.

That is all, I feel better now :)

Why didn't you just walk???

Firhill to St. Enoch is 30 mins tops. a nice wee stroll would do you the world of good and you wouldn't need to mix with the **** on the subway.

Feel sorry for you RE the ticket scenario.

my PTTGOYN: 4 more months til the next episode of Dr. Who :(

The idiots that call into football radio shows. The ones that have been on so far have sounded like they are pissed and or drugged up junkies. :rolleyes:

Listened to the phone in on the way down from Arbroath.

Loved the Irish boy who was an utter mongo.

Irish Mongo: "It's a disgrace that Ferguson and McGregor have been banned for life from the Rangers team!"

Chick Young: "Eh, no they haven't, they've been banned from the Scotland team."

Irish Mongo: "Oh...I thought it was Rangers...."

:lol:

:wacko::1eye

Listened to the phone in on the way down from Arbroath.

Loved the Irish boy who was an utter mongo.

Irish Mongo: "It's a disgrace that Ferguson and McGregor have been banned for life from the Rangers team!"

Chick Young: "Eh, no they haven't, they've been banned from the Scotland team."

Irish Mongo: "Oh...I thought it was Rangers...."

:lol:

:wacko::1eye

:lol: He didn't have a clue about anything Scottish football related. Maybe they should double up on their medication on a Sat night.

Why didn't you just walk???

Firhill to St. Enoch is 30 mins tops. a nice wee stroll would do you the world of good and you wouldn't need to mix with the **** on the subway.

Feel sorry for you RE the ticket scenario.

Well yeah you do have a good point there of course but I had to be back for work as my shift started at 7, so I needed to get back to the city centre quickly ;)

And cheers mate, aye it was quite irritating, the most infuritating part was that smarmy smug looking c**t's face when I had to pay for a new one. Grrrr :angry::lol:

Guest The Phoenix
Dying. Need sympathy and hugs to shift this hangover. :(
You're on the wrong website for that, sonny.

:(

You reap what you sow, xbl.

If only you had spread more love as you weaved your way across the minefields of P&B.

You're on the wrong website for that, sonny.

Its worth a shot. Someone out there must want to internetically hug a shambling hungover ape!

:(

You reap what you sow, xbl.

If only you had spread more love as you weaved your way across the minefields of P&B.

I spread the love! Nobody spreads more love on here than me! :(

"Blair's Death Rain" brand, from yon Mexican/Spanish/American deli on Great Western Road. Can't remember the name, googling... aye, it's called Lupe Pintos:

http://www.lupepintos.com/

I was in for some chipotles and jarred queso and other things and these caught my eye.

Excellent thanks, I never knew such a shop existed, I'll be sure to pay a visit some point soon.

You're fucking sick. I hope they lock you up and throw away the key, Sicko McSickfreak

See, I just want to give people some love, and thats the sort of abuse I get in return. It hurts, it hurts so bad. :(

I was once so young, so fresh, so enthusiastic, so optimistic! I believed in people, I believed in the decency of people! But now, this site has made me bitter, twisted and its made me embrace the darkness.