Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Good thing about long division and long multiplication was that it reinforced concepts like to multiply by 40 you simply multiply by 4 and add a zero. Something that is alien to many people today.

I'm not for a minute suggesting that education pre-1980 was some sort of numerical Utopia. You still had you fair share of strugglers but a significantly larger group of people were confident at handling numbers because they were forced to learn numeracy at school and frequently had to employ these skills in the workplace. Even a humble barman would have been ridiculed if he couldn't calculate the price of a round in his head.

Edited by centralparker

Good thing about long division and long multiplication was that it reinforced concepts like to multiply by 40 you simply multiply by 4 and add a zero. Something that is alien to many people today.

I'm not for a minute suggesting that education pre-1980 was some sort of numerical Utopia. You still had you fair share of strugglers but a significantly larger group of people were confident at handling numbers because they were forced to learn numeracy at school and frequently had to employ these skills in the workplace.

:o Are you suggesting I went to school pre 1980?! :o

Went to see a doctor this morning.

"Nothing too serious. If it gets sore, take paracetamol, if it keeps up come back and see me. Don't lie down. Bye" was basically it. Great help that. If this is not too serious then I hope to God I don't ever suffer from "serious" back pains! It's torture!

Exactly the same happened to me last week at the doctors for a really sore back and sore heads. It's still fucking agony (head and back) and i'm beginning to wonder if it could be a kidney infection. :(

Same,though I know what I am getting him for Christmas and his birthday. B)

I have a rough idea what I'm getting everyone, so have been quite relaxed about it this year. Plus, I'm not cooking Christmas dinner, so I don't need to be anywhere near as organised as I was last year. :)

I have a rough idea what I'm getting everyone, so have been quite relaxed about it this year. Plus, I'm not cooking Christmas dinner, so I don't need to be anywhere near as organised as I was last year. :)

I don't think I have ever did the Christmas dinner since we have moved here over two years ago. I'll start my shopping next week though,and get it all done the wekk after.

I dropped my mobile down the toilet

Have done that before as well a few years back. Take it apart as much as you can and get it on a radiator to dry out.

This PTTGYN has probably been posted hundreds of times already but waking up in the morning believing it's the weekend then realising no it's not and you need to get up for work is mine! And annoying bitchy female colleagues who at 30+ still act like schoolgirls getting ready to go to the disco. I swear all I heard between 9 and 10 this morning was stuff about fake tan, dresses, make up, hair, shoes, how much they'll be drinking. :angry: It annoyed me so much I decided not to go the Xmas night out tonight. :(

Edited by North Stand Bairn

Have done that before as well a few years back. Take it apart as much as you can and get it on a radiator to dry out.

This PTTGYN has probably been posted hundreds of times already but waking up in the morning believing it's the weekend then realising no it's not and you need to get up for work is mine! And annoying bitchy female colleagues who at 30+ still act like schoolgirls getting ready to go to the disco. I swear all I heard between 9 and 10 this morning was stuff about fake tan, dresses, make up, hair, shoes, how much they'll be drinking. :angry: It annoyed me so much I decided not to go the Xmas night out tonight. :(

Thanks but as i had just finished a dump at the time it fell in i don't think i will put it near my ear again :lol: