Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
I was enjoying a nice snooze while the baby slept until the dogs woke my up with their barking <_<

Rumour has it the dogs aren't the only ones who are barking in your house. :ph34r:;)

Guest The Phoenix
:o I'm off to the Daily Mail, you can't insult someone like that!! :P

Just realised my post could be open to misinterpretation. :(

Some might have thought I was implying you were a dog. :o

However the learned amongst the P&B Family would have recognised that I was merely suggesting that the lady of the house is barking mad. ;)

Glad I cleared that up. :D

James Blunt - God that song he has out just now is just awful! <_<

There is also a family in my street. Mum, Dad, one girl (12), twin boys (9). They don't work and have a disabled sticker on their car (It's the Dad that is supposed to be incapacitated).

So, this morning, he's out in the front garden constructing this blow up skeleton thing and a massive pumpkin for Halloween. The front window is covered in stickers, banners etc for this. It's the same at Xmas, they have the massive blow up things in the garden and tons and I mean tons of lights covering the whole front of thier house. Their benefits money each week must be a massive amount.

Disabled, my arse :angry:

James Blunt - God that song he has out just now is just awful! <_<

There is also a family in my street. Mum, Dad, one girl (12), twin boys (9). They don't work and have a disabled sticker on their car (It's the Dad that is supposed to be incapacitated).

So, this morning, he's out in the front garden constructing this blow up skeleton thing and a massive pumpkin for Halloween. The front window is covered in stickers, banners etc for this. It's the same at Xmas, they have the massive blow up things in the garden and tons and I mean tons of lights covering the whole front of thier house. Their benefits money each week must be a massive amount.

Disabled, my arse :angry:

Don't be angry,shop them to the dole. :D

The Inland Revenue or whatever they call themselves these days. They are a shower of incompetent fuckwits.

They recieved my P46 on the 24th August. It turns out that my employer (also a shower of incompetent fuckwits) didn't fill in the bit about their details, they just sent it as I handed it to them. Now its clearly marked "to be filled in by the employer" - how hard is that to comprehend?

Well today the form was returned to me attatched to a letter dated 28th October asking me to get my employer to fill in their part :angry: Thats right, it took them over two months to realise that the form wasn't filled in properly.

Now, as a result of the two fuckups I bet I'll get shafted for 3 months worth of tax next month which is all I need with it being my last pay before christmas.

I'm gonna go fucking mental on Monday.

pervy old men in the swimming pool.

I do swimming the proper way therefore always have a pair of goggles on. This one old guy kept swimming past me and I'm surprised he didn't wring his own neck trying to look at me when I swum past. Bad enough he was looking in the first place but to make it that obvious?! Didn't seem to notice I had a pair of goggles on as well and could clearly see what he was up to. :yucky

That's going to give me nightmares. :(

I do swimming the proper way therefore always have a pair of goggles on. This one old guy kept swimming past me and I'm surprised he didn't wring his own neck trying to look at me when I swum past. Bad enough he was looking in the first place but to make it that obvious?! Didn't seem to notice I had a pair of goggles on as well and could clearly see what he was up to. :yucky

Oh nasty! I swim in the lanes so don't get many distractions, but always have to make a special effort not to perve at any sexy girlies. A quick glance yes, but any more than that is a bit pervy and unfair on the girls. Plus most of the women at the pool are old ugly wrinkles.

My strategy of taking a hipflask of Sambuca out with me last night to save money has backfired horribly. Thats six times I've thrown up so far this morning. I think I might be dying. :(

Edited by xbl

Someone I used to work with has finally called my bluff on the fact that I told them I would be able to thrash them at badminton. Considering I haven't played in 18 years this is highly unlikely.

Is it unethical to feign injury if I seem to be losing or should I just take defeat like a man?

This reminds me of the time I attempted to chat up this woman at a Cuban music thing in George Square by telling her I had finished 7th in the Scottish Salsa Dancing Championships and she asked me to have a dance with her :(

Someone I used to work with has finally called my bluff on the fact that I told them I would be able to thrash them at badminton. Considering I haven't played in 18 years this is highly unlikely.

Is it unethical to feign injury if I seem to be losing or should I just take defeat like a man?

This reminds me of the time I attempted to chat up this woman at a Cuban music thing in George Square by telling her I had finished 7th in the Scottish Salsa Dancing Championships and she asked me to have a dance with her :(

:lol: to that last paragraph! ...and if you lose at badminton just take take it. Nothing quite so daft as a sore loser!

What was the problem? 7th out of 7.