Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

For the past few days, every time I look down I get an annoying pain at the bottom of my back, my airse and the tops of my legs.

Damn sciatica better not be flaring up :(

Although I'm obviously happy enough as we made our four hour trip tonight with relative ease and me and my three children are all safe and sound on our holiday with my parents now, I got caught by a speed camera on the way down.

Yes, I know I should have known the speed limit and stuck to it, but I didn't and now I've been caught and want to moan about it. :(

Trouble is, I'm not entirely certain that the signs were there as they're supposed to be. I was doing 70mph on the A17, which is a single carriageway but in open countryside. As such I should have known that the speed limit couldn't have been above 60pmh so 70mph was going to be too fast in any event. If it was 60mph then I have to just take whatever comes my way. However, if they try to claim that the limit was 50mph then I need to know better whether the signs were up to indicate that. Do the documents which arrive through the post (it was a permanent speed camera on the roadside) indicate what the speed limit is at the point at which you were caught?

Daft woman on maternity leave bringing her bairns into work to visist. Nobody cares!

:lol: Some people actually welcome the distraction if not the chance to coo over a tiny person brought into their working day. It makes some of us smile.

Although I'm obviously happy enough as we made our four hour trip tonight with relative ease and me and my three children are all safe and sound on our holiday with my parents now, I got caught by a speed camera on the way down.

Yes, I know I should have known the speed limit and stuck to it, but I didn't and now I've been caught and want to moan about it. :(

Trouble is, I'm not entirely certain that the signs were there as they're supposed to be. I was doing 70mph on the A17, which is a single carriageway but in open countryside. As such I should have known that the speed limit couldn't have been above 60pmh so 70mph was going to be too fast in any event. If it was 60mph then I have to just take whatever comes my way. However, if they try to claim that the limit was 50mph then I need to know better whether the signs were up to indicate that. Do the documents which arrive through the post (it was a permanent speed camera on the roadside) indicate what the speed limit is at the point at which you were caught?

:lol: Some people actually welcome the distraction if not the chance to coo over a tiny person brought into their working day. It makes some of us smile.

It might have just flashed you without taking a pic. Fingers crossed. :P

It might have just flashed you without taking a pic. Fingers crossed. :P

Indeed, but from what I gather if it was just a dummy with no camera in it then it wouldn't even flash? I guess I just have to wait and see what postie brings me over the coming weeks. I'm going to dread the post arriving for ages now, aren't I?! :(

This is one for those in the Paisley area, or indeed anyone who's had to pay a visit to Royal Alexandra Hospital.

What bellend designed the traffic lights at the junction of Corsebar Road and Lounsdale Road? Seriously, you're trying to get to the hospital as soon as possible to see someone who's just had a pretty major operation, visiting time is not very long, and naturally there's a lot of traffic in that part of town at that time. So what genius programmed the traffic lights to go to green for all of 5 seconds, so you're sitting waiting for, literally, 10 fucking minutes to get past the junction the hospital?

It is indeed a petty complaint. But it does indeed get on my fucking nerves.