Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This may go way over people's heads, but i have to vent somewhere.

This isn't even about a student, but one of the clinical lab employees that use our imager (western blot/EB gels/coomassie etc). I was using the machine, and in the middle of the 5minute EClplus incubation with the 2nd blot of the day. I had the machine on, and the program was up with my last result picture there (after saving it). I finish the 5 minute incubation, and go through to the other room (where machine is) - only to see him standing there with a confused look on his face. I assume that it is just because he thinks someone is using it (which i was) and wondered where i was. I then realised that he had turned the machine off - instead of turning it on. I mean surely the fact the program is up, you know it is being used, and the lights on the imager are on should tell you it is on, no not him. This meant i had to then wait for the camera to cool down again (takes about 2 minutes to do) before starting the image capture........

Sometimes i just shake my head and wonder.\

Next - idiots that can't park properly. We pay $25 a month to be able to park and go to work. IT is great in the summer, as there are no students. Now however, you have to get there early to get a parking spot that isn't a 10minute walk away, across busy roads. Not only that, the parking spaces are very tight, and even with a small car, and me not being fat, i struggle to get out of the car without damaging the car next to me. Anyway, since people obviously don't want their cars damaged, they have taken to parking between 2 parking spaces, taking up both of them. Inconsiderate fuckwits. I also just heard that a workmate had his wing mirror torn off his car, looks like it was driven over on the way out, and yet the person didn't leave contact details. The police aren't going to follow up on investigating it (obviously it is difficult, no-one is going to park there any more, and the person who did it certainly won't). my workmate is now going to have to either shell out about $100 for a new wing-mirror on his own, or claim it off insurance - meaning he will be paying it back next years premium. If this happens even 1-2 times a month say - then you will be paying about $200 out of pocket to go to work........

I think that is it. For now.

Probably slightly more than petty but anyway here goes.

Today I telephoned my bank to check my balance which was sitting at what I expected. However what I didn't expect was to be told that I was £268 overdrawn when I should have had just shy of £300 in there. When I got put through to an advisor they informed me that I was in overdraft because of a £650 payment to British Airways. This went through yesterday and was not made by me. He gave me another number to phone to discuss this with someone else. When I got through to them I was told that there was also a payment of £30 to Tesco (in Chesthunt, whereever that might be), £1 and they had declined another for £778 to Virgin Airline - none of which are mine. They then gave me the number of the Fruad team as they had picked up irregular usage on my card. I'll say it's fucking irregular as it ain't me. They had also tried to put another £200 approx for accomodation through. Whilst I was on the phone the guy asked me if I had used the card 10 minutes ago - eh no I was talking to you lot.

The upshot of it is that some fucker was using my card and spending money that I don't have. So now I have no card and a flipping overdraft which may take 3-4 weeks to sort out. I was told that I could go into the branch and ask for an emergency overdraft in order to get money but that some branches may not do this. Cheers mate and what do we do for the rest of the month :rolleyes:. Luckily the branch gave me some money but now I have to wait for everything to be refunded and sorted out and I'm wracking my brain trying to think what I've used my card for over the last week.

So folks be careful out there - it can happen to anyone. Rant over.

Probably slightly more than petty but anyway here goes.

Today I telephoned my bank to check my balance which was sitting at what I expected. However what I didn't expect was to be told that I was £268 overdrawn when I should have had just shy of £300 in there. When I got put through to an advisor they informed me that I was in overdraft because of a £650 payment to British Airways. This went through yesterday and was not made by me. He gave me another number to phone to discuss this with someone else. When I got through to them I was told that there was also a payment of £30 to Tesco (in Chesthunt, whereever that might be), £1 and they had declined another for £778 to Virgin Airline - none of which are mine. They then gave me the number of the Fruad team as they had picked up irregular usage on my card. I'll say it's fucking irregular as it ain't me. They had also tried to put another £200 approx for accomodation through. Whilst I was on the phone the guy asked me if I had used the card 10 minutes ago - eh no I was talking to you lot.

The upshot of it is that some fucker was using my card and spending money that I don't have. So now I have no card and a flipping overdraft which may take 3-4 weeks to sort out. I was told that I could go into the branch and ask for an emergency overdraft in order to get money but that some branches may not do this. Cheers mate and what do we do for the rest of the month :rolleyes: . Luckily the branch gave me some money but now I have to wait for everything to be refunded and sorted out and I'm wracking my brain trying to think what I've used my card for over the last week.

So folks be careful out there - it can happen to anyone. Rant over.

That's quite worrying :unsure:

Have you purchased anything online lately?

seeing everyone else is having a rant...

I'm waiting to hear if I got the job I went for a week ago, they said they would phone first thing today. Still haven't phoned and it's 10.20.

The remote controlled garage door is not working, so I reported it yesterday. The workies turned up at 8.00 am this morning, on my last day off work. I was planning on getting up at 9.00 for the phone call, so my last long lie for the week, I didn't get.

Hope you get your money back Ayrgirl, must be a bugger.

That's quite worrying :unsure:

Have you purchased anything online lately?

Not from any site that I haven't used in the past except Adsa.com a week past Monday.

I used my debit card in a garage in Prestwick on Thursday and withdrew money from a cash machine in Irvine on Friday. They were my only transactions last week.

I know it doesn't help any, but Cheshunt is where Tesco's head office is.

Ah right. I just said nope that's not mine :lol:

TV religious nut jobs. Watching a documentary about the religious right in America, and it's very scary, as quite a few of them claim they are on or have links to government think tanks.

They are all advocating nuking Iran.

TV religious nut jobs. Watching a documentary about the religious right in America, and it's very scary, as quite a few of them claim they are on or have links to government think tanks.

They are all advocating nuking Iran.

Brian Soutar has the ear of Salmond. Given that Salmond would sell his soul for a bowl of porridge and a placard saying 'It's oor oil', f**k knows what sort of right wing neo-christian loonieness Soutar will have him do. :angry:

Me: I know Secure Borders are the prime aim but what thought is being given to the Executive and Administration grades during the amalgamation of HM Customs and UK Immigration?

Deputy Directer: I'd like to see all Admin grades go, but that's just my personal opinion!

:o I'll be joining Reina on the golf-course at this rate. 30 year's service and that's all they think of me! :angry:<_<:(:(:bairn