Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
Ohhh for once it wasn't Adam :lol:

However it get's worse as he is a Fifer

:o

Remind your wife that "There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness"

That way she'll see forgiving the recalcitrant Fifer as a victory, rather than a defeat. :D

My petty thing, and it is really petty, but this website is really bad for it, is when fans refer to players by their first names when talking about them:-

"Oh yes, I thought Billy played really well today, but I'd have been tempted to take Simon off and replace him with Tommy who did really well in pre-season"

And all that sort of thing - Get over yourselves, these guy are professional footballers whom happen to be earning their living by playing for your chosen team at this moment in time, they are not your mates !

I have just had a mate of mine text who made a c**t of himself at my wedding asking me to forgive him,However my wife has said she will never forgive him for what he did.

I like him when he is sober but when he has had a drink he is a cock,WTF do i do????

All depends on what exactly he did - and I don't expect you to tell all on here btw.

Basically, if your wife is, dare I say it, just being a typical woman and being ultra-sensitive over the least wee thing and blowing it out of all proportion and the guy "made a c***" of himself but didn't do any real harm or cause any real offence to anyone, then I'd draw a line under the incident and move on.

If however, he was really out of order, causing grief to lots of folk and basically did anything to take the shine off your day then I would be telling him to GTF.

Guest The Phoenix
My petty thing, and it is really petty, but this website is really bad for it, is when fans refer to players by their first names when talking about them:-

"Oh yes, I thought Billy played really well today, but I'd have been tempted to take Simon off and replace him with Tommy who did really well in pre-season"

And all that sort of thing - Get over yourselves, these guy are professional footballers whom happen to be earning their living by playing for your chosen team at this moment in time, they are not your mates !

Hey Eyemond - that really is petty. ;)

Guest The Phoenix
Trust me mate, you wouldn't believe some of the things that annoy me ! :D

Bloody hell Ade - you called me a mate - next thing I know, you'll start calling me "The". :lol:;)

Its fucking worse when club's fans use nicknames for their players. St Johnstone fans are the worst for it.

I have just had a mate of mine text who made a c**t of himself at my wedding asking me to forgive him,However my wife has said she will never forgive him for what he did.

I like him when he is sober but when he has had a drink he is a cock,WTF do i do????

If you're feeling bothered by it then the chances are that it's just going to cause you more worry by holding on to a grudge. Short of turning back the clock he can't undo it. I personally find it a little offish to apologise by text but I can understand why some people do that. Always hard to know what you'd do in a different situation, but I usually reckon that forgetting it and moving on is the big thing to do, sets you apart from those who sit in judgement of others whilst being far from perfect themselves. I like to let go in the same way that I don't want others to hold my failings against me, particularly when I've tried to make amends!

Old people/neds/small hyper-active children in supermarkets.

Ah the joys of school holidays. I took my three in the Three mobile shop in Rochdale today. In the end the guy in the store took my number and told me he'd call me back tomorrow as I jumped out of the doorway yet again to prevent my 20 month old son from chasing his sister down the street. :lol: To be fair to my children they were tired and I'd dragged them round four shops by that time. I should know better by now than to do more than two shops with them before creating some sort of fun diversion. :D

Said 20 month old also appears to think that shortly after midnight is a great time to come through to his mum's bedroom and watch my Runrig DVD while I desperately try to finish packing. His demand of "bed!" for me to lie beside him so we could watch it together while he tucked his arm reassuringly around the back of my neck, stroked the top of my head and then kissed my forehead really took the biscuit! That's him back in bed now and no doubt someone will wake me around 7am (if I'm lucky. Today was 6am :() so I'm away to try and sleep for a few hours before that happens. Night all.

Edited by HGG

People who comment on what you're eating or stare at you while you're eating. :angry:

Since my separaton I've not been eating as well as I should and have always been uncomfortable about eating in public. But yesterday I summoned up the courage to order a simple plate of nacho's covered in jalepnos, chilli beef and melted cheese in my local pub. Almost as soon as it arrived a couple of the locals started in with "Is that your tea then? Are you enjoying that? Are you going to manage to eat all that?" type comments. In the end I ate half of it and then got quized by the barmaid as to why I'd eaten so little and was it alright as if I'd committed some cardinal sin by not leaving an empty plate! <_< The food was fine, it's just that I don't eat much or have much of an appetite, OK?

Look, I don't like eating at the best of times but it's really rude and off-putting to feel pressurised while all you want is a wee snack because you haven't eaten anything for the past 24 hours and, despite not feeling hungry, know you should at least get something into your system before you collapse. :(

I shall be eating left over pizza and semi-stale sandwiches in the privacy of a darkened cupboard for the forseeable future! :angry:<_<:(

People who comment on what you're eating or stare at you while you're eating. :angry:

Since my separaton I've not been eating as well as I should and have always been uncomfortable about eating in public. But yesterday I summoned up the courage to order a simple plate of nacho's covered in jalepnos, chilli beef and melted cheese in my local pub. Almost as soon as it arrived a couple of the locals started in with "Is that your tea then? Are you enjoying that? Are you going to manage to eat all that?"

I know your pain, and tend not to eat in public on my own. However, should you recieve comments like that, just look at them and growl "why, got a problem with that?". It usually shuts people up.

Since my separaton I've not been eating as well as I should and have always been uncomfortable about eating in public. But yesterday I summoned up the courage to order a simple plate of nacho's covered in jalepnos, chilli beef and melted cheese in my local pub. Almost as soon as it arrived a couple of the locals started in with "Is that your tea then? Are you enjoying that? Are you going to manage to eat all that?" type comments. In the end I ate half of it and then got quized by the barmaid as to why I'd eaten so little and was it alright as if I'd committed some cardinal sin by not leaving an empty plate! <_< The food was fine, it's just that I don't eat much or have much of an appetite, OK?

Look, I don't like eating at the best of times but it's really rude and off-putting to feel pressurised while all you want is a wee snack because you haven't eaten anything for the past 24 hours and, despite not feeling hungry, know you should at least get something into your system before you collapse. :(

I shall be eating left over pizza and semi-stale sandwiches in the privacy of a darkened cupboard for the forseeable future! :angry:<_<:(

Dont let it bother you Kilt.

For some reason I cant manage much to eat when Im out and I always order too much.

So the waitress (or waiter) always asks me if everything was ok as theres food left on the plate.

I used to feel guilty about it but came to the conclusion that since Im paying for it I dont give a shit.

To be fair they usually just want to make sure you enjoyed your meal if youve left alot and if there was anything wrong so that they can correct it. Theres no excuse for others commenting on anything though.