Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The 'at' sign seems to have disappeared from my keyboard since my dad had to put the laptop back to factory settings. :( It comes up with " instead.

Anybody know what could fix it?

Go to:

Start

Control Panel

Regions and Language

make sure it's UK and NOT USA

Hold ALT and press 64
I can't remember how to fix it, but in the mean time, SHIFT + 2 will give you your @ sign back.

I don't think i trust you two - just been told to go into control panel and regional settings....

Whats up like?

They've not sent a bill for February, and neither have we received one for March yet, so we can't pay either, and they've cut off the phone and TV. They've neglected to cut off the internet so far, but that won't be far behind. I refuse to pay them until I have a bill, and so I've rang twice for copies, and not received them either. They say that until we pay, the service won't go back on, but I'm not paying until I know what I'm paying for. In addition, the time we're without service will still be billed as normal. The first bill was due around the 14th, to be paid on the 28th. I rang on the 22nd to say we'd not had it. They said it would take 4-5 days to arrive, but it never did. I rang again on Sunday, again was told 4-5 days, that one never arrived either, so that's 3 bills we've not had. They reckon it's the Post Office that's at fault, not them, but all our other post has been arriving as normal. I was told today it can take up to 28 days for copy bills to arrive, so why tell me it would be 4-5 days?

Also, they said I don't need a bill to pay them, I can just ring and pay, but then they also said that they have to send bills by law, so they're not upholding their part of the contract, but they're telling me that I can't have the service cancelled because we're in a 12 month contract. The way I see it, if they're not upholding their part, why should I stick to it?

They also reckon the March bill was sent out 2 days ago, but we've not had that either, so I'm sure it's a problem at their end. I am going to have severe words...

... with Adam, and get him to phone the useless former employers of his. :lol:

They've not sent a bill for February, and neither have we received one for March yet, so we can't pay either, and they've cut off the phone and TV. They've neglected to cut off the internet so far, but that won't be far behind. I refuse to pay them until I have a bill, and so I've rang twice for copies, and not received them either. They say that until we pay, the service won't go back on, but I'm not paying until I know what I'm paying for. In addition, the time we're without service will still be billed as normal. The first bill was due around the 14th, to be paid on the 28th. I rang on the 22nd to say we'd not had it. They said it would take 4-5 days to arrive, but it never did. I rang again on Sunday, again was told 4-5 days, that one never arrived either, so that's 3 bills we've not had. They reckon it's the Post Office that's at fault, not them, but all our other post has been arriving as normal. I was told today it can take up to 28 days for copy bills to arrive, so why tell me it would be 4-5 days?

Also, they said I don't need a bill to pay them, I can just ring and pay, but then they also said that they have to send bills by law, so they're not upholding their part of the contract, but they're telling me that I can't have the service cancelled because we're in a 12 month contract. The way I see it, if they're not upholding their part, why should I stick to it?

They also reckon the March bill was sent out 2 days ago, but we've not had that either, so I'm sure it's a problem at their end. I am going to have severe words...

... with Adam, and get him to phone the useless former employers of his. :lol:

Set up E-Billing Clicky It's much less hassle and you can check your bill online :)

Set up E-Billing Clicky It's much less hassle and you can check your bill online :)

Not when the dumbfucks get around to cutting me off, I can't. <_<

I'm not a fan of e-bills, because it just wouldn't be priority for me to check. I'd end up forgetting. They've also never given me instructions to log in online either!

Not when the dumbfucks get around to cutting me off, I can't. <_<

I'm not a fan of e-bills, because it just wouldn't be priority for me to check. I'd end up forgetting. They've also never given me instructions to log in online either!

They send you an email Lyn-Marie around 3 weeks before it's due to tell you the bill is ready and you can then check it online.

Have you got your virgin media email address and details handy?

I take relatively good care of my teeth, but apparently not well enough that I didn't need a scale and polish, which I had done yesterday.

This comes two weeks after I told my dentist that my upper left molar was giving me trouble: he told me to floss around the area and it would sort itself.

In fact, it hasn't changed at all, and today - one day after the scale/polish - it was even worse than usual. During my morning flossing, then - which actually took place at 1pm for a variety of reasons - imagine my horror when a small shard of tooth came out.

Strangely I can now bite down on something with that molar and it doesn't hurt, but I'm worried that there is now a gap that could be open to infection.

I have another dental appointment on April 2nd to sort it out, but I'm now worried that I'm going to be in agony before then. Bloody hell.

They send you an email Lyn-Marie around 3 weeks before it's due to tell you the bill is ready and you can then check it online.

Have you got your virgin media email address and details handy?

Nope, they've never given me them. Useless tossbags. I'm going to let Adam ring them later and get all the details and see if he can sort anything out, because I felt like I was banging my head against a wall with Snotty Senga on the phone this morning. I stayed perfectly calm, but she was an arsey wee mare. Adam used to work for them, so he'll be better to deal with them later.

Nope, they've never given me them. Useless tossbags. I'm going to let Adam ring them later and get all the details and see if he can sort anything out, because I felt like I was banging my head against a wall with Snotty Senga on the phone this morning. I stayed perfectly calm, but she was an arsey wee mare. Adam used to work for them, so he'll be better to deal with them later.

https://ebill2.virginmedia.com/ebilling/Fac...egistration.jsf

Seems you can just use any email address to sign up (as long as have you account details which will be on a previous bill) I would try it and see if you can get in to look at your bill, saves spending ages talking on the phone to some clueless muppet on the phone.........

Oh be warned I once got charged twice as I paid by E-Billing and didn't phone to inform them, they still took the full direct debit out :rolleyes: so if you do pay by it online phone them up straight away to inform them!!! (which kinda fucking defeats the purpose of E-Billing in my opinion)

I had changed over bank accounts and the first months didn't come due to a problem at their end so I waited a week what should have came out and the months coming up in advance and I assumed it would update on their records :huh:

Edited by Lazarus

I've fucked up my coupon this week, I picked Bolton to beat Wigan rather than the other way around, and I only noticed after I'd put it through and left the shop. Wigan and the rest of my line will now probably win just to really piss me off <_<

When i'm at Work dealing with people and other people want to butt in all the time because it'll only take 2 secs. wait your turn FFS.

also people who carry around cans of Strong Lager and bloody stink like it.

Fucking idiots calling up for Drs - wasting precious minutes of my time (i.e. PnB time).

This guy calls up asking for Dr Williams (made up), i say sorry you have the wrong number, this is a research lab. He goes oh, i dialed the number given to me for him, but it just rings and rings, can you transfer me to him - no that is not possible, we don't have that ability. He goes But i need medicine, and approval from Dr Williams - again sorry, i can't help you. He then asks if i can transfer him to the reception/main desk whatever - sorry we don't have the ability to transfer anyone anywhere. He asks if i can find someone to do that. For the third time i tell him we don't have the ability to transfer, and even go on to tell him that we are a totally seperate system to the hospital. He then pipes up so you can't help me then. If i wasn't as polite as i am i would have replied no shit sherlock or something similar.

What happened to a simple oh sorry, thanks anyway when you dial the wrong number. <_<

(if i was in Greenock i'd guess he was just after a fix of some sort anyway ;) )

As an update, there was a message from the same guy on the phone today - fucking idiot.

Virgin Media are a complete shower of c***s. Really, really pissed off at them. Useless fucking arsehole in Delhi or wherever the f**k he is based, cut me off. I'm fucking raging. They expect you to pay £184 to get the services put back on (well, £93 to have it connected again, £184 to clear the balance) without sending you a bill to show what it's for.

I'm going up to Petrol Bomb the useless fucks later. That'll teach them.

Virgin Media are a complete shower of c***s. Really, really pissed off at them. Useless fucking arsehole in Delhi or wherever the f**k he is based, cut me off. I'm fucking raging. They expect you to pay £184 to get the services put back on (well, £93 to have it connected again, £184 to clear the balance) without sending you a bill to show what it's for.

I'm going up to Petrol Bomb the useless fucks later. That'll teach them.

So they don't send you a bill then expect you to pay a reconnection fee for their mistake, fucking typical they have no idea how to keep their customers :rolleyes:

I'm now on a very good deal with them, £20 a month for free calls 24/7, 20 meg broadband & all the sports/movies etc etc ..............

Just don't tell them :lol:;)

PM coming your way...........