Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
I agreed to go and see McFly. I will look like a complete fanny :(
Wipe your arse with it then put it in a Christian charity box.

There would appear to be a continuity problem here (or Carlos really is a pervert).

I had an extra two pints with the fiver, and also threw the worst darts I've thrown throughout the whole league season.

That's an unexpected sort of karma I didn't see coming.

If I'd pinned the fiver on the dartboard I would've missed it.

Next time I'm going to recklessly gamble it.

Why are people such twats? Selling my car on ebay - lovely car, worth £2500 according to Parkers. I'll probably not get £2500 for it, but I'm not prepared to go any lower than £2000 so set a reserve at that price. If it doesn't sell, then I'll try something else (Autotrader, local press etc) - no big deal. I've got 27 people watching it at the moment, so it does look like people are interested, but I'm not naive enough to think it will definitely sell - everyone's looking for a bargain.

So anyway, I got a message asking how much the reserve is set at, so I thought 'be honest and tell them', which I did. I got a message back today saying "There's no way you'll get that the car's only worth £1000 as you'll see". Why do people have to be arseholes? If they're not interested, that's fine, but don't tell me that my car is worth less than half of what it is actually worth. Pratt.

Why are people such twats? Selling my car on ebay - lovely car, worth £2500 according to Parkers. I'll probably not get £2500 for it, but I'm not prepared to go any lower than £2000 so set a reserve at that price. If it doesn't sell, then I'll try something else (Autotrader, local press etc) - no big deal. I've got 27 people watching it at the moment, so it does look like people are interested, but I'm not naive enough to think it will definitely sell - everyone's looking for a bargain.

So anyway, I got a message asking how much the reserve is set at, so I thought 'be honest and tell them', which I did. I got a message back today saying "There's no way you'll get that the car's only worth £1000 as you'll see". Why do people have to be arseholes? If they're not interested, that's fine, but don't tell me that my car is worth less than half of what it is actually worth. Pratt.

What it is worth, and what it is worth on Ebay may be different however. He may just be telling you there is no way you will get 2,000 for it on Ebay.

I'm fully aware I might not get £2000 for it - didn't you read my post?

Some people live to put others down Debbie and the person that sent you that message seems to be one of those arseholes.

He'll probably tell everyone he meets today what a clever boy he is but they'll treat him with the usual contempt that they usually do.

Good luck with the auction and I hope you have kept his address so you can get it right up him if you meet the price you're asking.

Edit:- I meant the ebay message, not bluetooner!

Edited by AndyC27/11

Would you go on ebay and post messages to people saying "your item is not worth what you're asking"?

I wouldn't go on Ebay anyway, but he may have been trying to be helpful. If he does a lot of Ebay stuff, especially cars, he may realise you probably won't get what you want for it. Since you have it listed on Ebay it is obvious you want it sold, so he may be trying to do you a favour.

Obviously he may have been being an absolute c**t, but i like to give someone the benefit of doubt.

Obviously he may have been being an absolute c**t, but i like to give someone the benefit of doubt.

I would say he was being a c**t! Cars on ebay arent all £680 bangers (with missing v5 documents making you take public transport while you wait for the owners to get one ordered <_< ), and many of them fetch a decent price.

From my comparisons, the prices are actually quite similar to what was being offered in Scot-ads.

I would say he was being a c**t! Cars on ebay arent all £680 bangers (with missing v5 documents making you take public transport while you wait for the owners to get one ordered <_< ), and many of them fetch a decent price.

From my comparisons, the prices are actually quite similar to what was being offered in Scot-ads.

Rover 600 for sale here. Less than £680 (V5 papers also available). N Reg, 47000 on the clock. Mot 1 year

Is there a 1 missing in front of that mileage since it is only 680? or does it come minus parts?

No genuine miles. Two owners - 1 very old man (who barely took it out the garage) and Monster. All parts present and correct. I said it was less than 680!

I wouldn't go on Ebay anyway, but he may have been trying to be helpful. If he does a lot of Ebay stuff, especially cars, he may realise you probably won't get what you want for it. Since you have it listed on Ebay it is obvious you want it sold, so he may be trying to do you a favour.

Fair enough, it was just the way he said "it's worth half that", rather than the more tactful, "its unlikely you'll get that on here". Like I say, if it sells, I'll be delighted, if it doesn't, Autotrader, Scot-ads and Cars North will be next. :)

Fair enough, it was just the way he said "it's worth half that", rather than the more tactful, "its unlikely you'll get that on here". Like I say, if it sells, I'll be delighted, if it doesn't, Autotrader, Scot-ads and Cars North will be next. :)

Not about cars, but about ebay. I bid on an item that ended last night, but there is no trace of it on my account, not in won or not won items. Just disappeared.

Also it's taking about 3/4 days for emails to be delivered.