Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I've just tried to get parked down at the Beach Leisure centre to use the gym. While I am easily within walking distance I am playing football right after and to get to the pitch in time I had to take the car.

With every man, dog and ewe hitting Pittodrie tonight the car park at the centre is packed full of Dons fans taking up spaces meant for people who are going to use the leisure centre :angry:

I've just tried to get parked down at the Beach Leisure centre to use the gym. While I am easily within walking distance I am playing football right after and to get to the pitch in time I had to take the car.

With every man, dog and ewe hitting Pittodrie tonight the car park at the centre is packed full of Dons fans taking up spaces meant for people who are going to use the leisure centre :angry:

Maybe they have popped in for a bit of pre-match cardiovascular, just to get the blood pumping before the game. :)

Not at all, you are a fellow oestrogenite and therefore it's a 'beauty tip'.

One word from me and she's calling security. :lol:

:lol: surely the security bloke/woman would have pissed themselves laughing if you explained it to them.

My supervisor at work is an absolute fcking bawbag.

This afternoon I got a proper bollocking for: being quiet and 'a bit shy'. This went on for about 10 minutes, in which he called me abnormal at least twice and asked if I was mentally ill.

I was utterly, utterly raging. To the extent that i got a wee bit teary. At which point he asked again if I was mentally ill.

Fucking bawbag. :angry:

This afternoon I got a proper bollocking for: being quiet and 'a bit shy'. This went on for about 10 minutes, in which he called me abnormal at least twice and asked if I was mentally ill.

I was utterly, utterly raging. To the extent that i got a wee bit teary. At which point he asked again if I was mentally ill.

f**k that shit!

I'd report his sorry arse.

That seems like a clear case of workplace bullying - I would consult my Union, even if just for a friendly chat to get it off your chest.

Hope it works out - I hate reading about stuff like this. :)

Thats shocking - and sounds to me like clear cut bullying. There must be something you can do about it...worst case scenario can you not put about vicious rumours that he never bothers to wash his hands before he deals with patients?

f**k that shit!

I'd report his sorry arse.

Much as I normally would, he's responsible for my assessment this block. Without a semi-decent assessment I don't stand a chance of getting a job in August :(

That seems like a clear case of workplace bullying - I would consult my Union, even if just for a friendly chat to get it off your chest.

Hope it works out - I hate reading about stuff like this. :)

Ach, after a rant at my maw (and several glasses of red wine) I'm feeling a lot better. Switching jobs in December, cannot fucking wait.

Thats shocking - and sounds to me like clear cut bullying. There must be something you can do about it...worst case scenario can you not put about vicious rumours that he never bothers to wash his hands before he deals with patients?

LOL! :D

Thanks for the suggestion...

Much as I normally would, he's responsible for my assessment this block. Without a semi-decent assessment I don't stand a chance of getting a job in August :(

Thing is, the p***k probably knows that you wont report him for that very reason and will take liberties with you. :angry:

Laura, that is really pathetic that he said all that to you. I have to say that you handled the situation very professionally by not taking a dig at him. If I were you, I would be found lying on the floor of a cell just now, absolutly disgusting behaviour from a superior.

My nag, arseholes that are younger and less experienced than you at work getting better positions just because the are rimming the management at any given point. All came to a head earlier tonight when I found out that 16 year old new starts that can't tell their arses from their elbows are getting paid nearly a pound more an hour than I am and I what they do (take orders over the phone) AND customer complaints. Is that fair?

I put in a transfer to Virgin Media Tech Support Group as soon as I found out, which means more money, better hours and only working 2 weekends out of 5. Fingers crossed I get it.

Also, banks are annoying me too. I put in for a small loan yesterday, had the meeting, told them that it was to help the two of us getting on our feet with our new property, they sent me a letter saying I was unable to get one. This I can't understand as I have no debt (well, I have a £600 overdraft) and I have a credit card which, if I use, always gets paid off at the end of the month. Really not happy. I don't know how we are going to survive for the first couple of days/weeks when we move in.

What a joke. I'd get this guy reported asap like the others say. Totally uncalled for to go about criticising you for being shy and asking about your mental health. Sounds like a grade A tosser.

That just makes a really dreadful situation worse to my mind, Laura! Because he has to do someone's assessment this guy thinks he can say and do as he pleases? Your assessment shouldn't come into it - I fully understand why it does but it's just not right that he should get away with it! Completely out of order.

Guest Tatty Boabie
I'm just back from that new shopping mall near Pollock, Silverburn it's called.

What a shit place. <_<

Okay, first of all, all the women would have a great time at it, because it's just designed for women. La Senza, Claires Fucking Accessories, Dirk Diggler Shoes, and whatever. You get the picture.

However, here's my complaint: no book shops, no music shops and nowhere to eat, except YO! Sushi. What's the point of a mall? Just call it 'Mall for women' and save us all the hassle!

Now, YO! Sushi aint my idea of fun, I'd make people cooking for me to...er...well...cook the food, but I had the bint with me, so she starts slavering on about how great sushi is so we decide we'll go.

We ask a snotty little madam if we just sit anywhere and she says:

"We're not open but sit down if you want"

I look around, and there are about a dozen folk in the place, happily muching away on their flouncy eel with a chloroform jus or whatever. So I look at the plooky chip shop reject and say:

"Nah, it's okay. Bye."

She looked a bit crestfallen, but on this occasion the wife agreed with me, so no argument was forthcoming. What, is your precious fucking sushi bar too full of beautiful people to let fat fugly folk in? Go f**k yourself then.:angry:

So then we go to Next to get some clothes for the boys birthday tomorrow. Got a nice pair of jeans and a cool top for him, and took it to the counter. Now, if anyone's been in Next they'll know what I mean when I say that their sales staff are the shinest fuckers ever to pluck an eyebrow. This thing that served us had fake tan, highlights, fake nails, contacts and enough make up to make RuPaul appear convincing. She took the money and gave us our change with a condescending little smile and it was then I noticed the tattie farm on her top lip.

It was like a slug mattress. :o

I mean, what is the point in spending fortunes on fake tan, hair dye, manicures and then leaving a fucking great cornfield on your mush? :unsure: You'd think one of her friends might tell her, unless of course they are too botoxed to actually move their lips and talk, and their nails are longer than a Dennis Potter play, so they cant text her.

It was at this point that I would already have lost the will to live, but with it being the boys birthday tomorrow we had to go to the M and S foodhall to buy food for my shitey w**kpellet in-laws, so I summoned all my testicular fortitude and off we went.

It didn't take long to go wrong. :( Other half decides she wants panties and bras.

Great. :angry:

I'm stood there desperately trying not to look like a forlorn pervert with a lingerie fetish while she rummages about the pants aisle muttering under her breath about leg shape linings and feck knows what else. I swear every staff member glared at me, and I knew they were thinking:

"Look at that, the brazen pervy b*****d. He'll be sniffing them next! I'm getting ready to get security!"

Based on the fact that I am a huge ugly b*****d who looks a bit 'special' from certain angles, I eventually decided discretion be the better part of valour and went into the mall and sat down.

Then female came out laden with bras and scants, and we made for the food part. Now this is the part I love in M and S. Looking at food you can't afford and thinking...'One day...one day...' :lol:

So, we got a few bits and pieces and went to pay, and the woman at the till says to me as I pick up a plastic carrier bag:

"Would you like a bag for life?"

and I consider the repercussions of divorce and ostracisation from my son for a split second before thinking 'ah, f**k it' and replying:

"No thanks, I'm already married."

Honestly, both the wife and the woman behind the counter scowled at me very intensely, when it was quite a risible and witty comeback really. Women just have no sense of humour do they? :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

Very fine post / rant

Struggle to get up at 7am. Pay £12 to catch the train to Uni. Get here and sitting in the class only to be told the lecturer is ill. Looks like the 9.40 back to Berwick now. What a fuckin waste of time and money!!

:lol: surely the security bloke/woman would have pissed themselves laughing if you explained it to them.

No, they were all on full smile mode anyway, given the mall had just opened.

One approached me earlier and asked me if I'd like a map of the mall. It isn't Nepal, it's just a moderate shopping mall. I just walk along the mall and all the shops are on either side of me. Nice of you to try and help, but my sherpa has the day off for this one. :rolleyes:

Much as I normally would, he's responsible for my assessment this block. Without a semi-decent assessment I don't stand a chance of getting a job in August sad.gif

If you'll excuse my moralising here, you have a duty to alert his higher-ups about his behaviour. Wait until after the assessment, of course, but if this is how he treats those below him then something needs to be done, and you're in a position to do it. (After the assessment :D)