Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
You know when your ears pop, but only one of them goes back to normal, so that your hearing in one ear is really dull but the other ear is perfectly fine????

Eh?

Guest The Phoenix
The fact you are reading it, not hearing it, renders the joke unfunny.

That presupposes that it was intended as a joke in the first place.

Guest The Phoenix
Either that or you couldn't understand the simple concept in JP's post, so I gav you the benefit of the doubt

I considered :angry: or :( but decided on :lol:

Isn't it time you headed for Ochilview? :unsure:

Kick off isn't till 7.45pm, and it takes less than a minute to get there by car. You're going to have to put upwith me for another 15 minutes or so.

I will spend the majority of that time in the stunners thread B)

In today's fife free press (kirkcaldy local newspaper) today, there is an advert for a kirkcaldy-based celtic supporters club, encouraging people to "join up, come and see the trophies and the new signings at parkhead, against kilmarnock on the first game of the new spl season" surely the local paper should be encouraging folk to go and watch their local team instead of trying to turn them into glory hunters? the other week there was a competition for kids to win a tour of ibrox <_<:angry:

Just cleaned the bathroom! Ive been here for 2 months, but I have a horrible suspicion the guys before me never cleaned the bathroom since the new one was put in a year and a half ago. Ive been in third world countries, seen all kinds of shit, but this was the dirtiest bathroom I have ever seen.

Toilet - clean

Sink - clean

Floor - gleaming

Bath - oh dear.

Now, the bath was brown, big thick patches of dirt (no-one uses it as a bath, only as a shower), and when I tried to wipe it, the bath had the texture of sandpaper. Disinfectant and scrubbing reduced the damage, but its still there.

Anyone recommend a supermarket product/technique that will make my bath shiny? I hate living in squalor - particulary other peoples squalor!

In today's fife free press (kirkcaldy local newspaper) today, there is an advert for a kirkcaldy-based celtic supporters club, encouraging people to "join up, come and see the trophies and the new signings at parkhead, against kilmarnock on the first game of the new spl season" surely the local paper should be encouraging folk to go and watch their local team instead of trying to turn them into glory hunters? the other week there was a competition for kids to win a tour of ibrox <_<:angry:

You do realise how advertising works, yes?

Perhaps you should be venting your anger at Raith for not placing a similar advert.

Bicarbonate of soda and white vinegar mix together and dab on soiled area leave for five mins then scrub off.(Remember to rinse the bath well after doing this though.)

Bicarbonate of soda and white vinegar mix together and dab on soiled area leave for five mins then scrub off.(Remember to rinse the bath well after doing this though.)

Cool, thats good advice! What sort of ratio and quantity?

Cool, thats good advice! What sort of ratio and quantity?

I'd say less vinegar than bicarbonate of soda. (As when the vinegar is poured into the soda it will foam up too much if a lot of vinegar is added.)

Edit: got more tablets from the doctors this afternoon. (Atenolol 50mg) I'll be rattling soon. :ph34r::lol:

Edited by saints1884

I'm just back from Liverpool, been there since Monday, but found out that my Grandad, who's been ill for quite a while, died on Tuesday morning. :(

It isn't as bad as you might think, I've never been particularly close to him and he was a heavy drinker, especially in the years since his wife died (1978, I think!) and he's been ill and really wasting away in hospital, he knew he'd never go home.

I'm not actually too saddened, he's never been a big part of my life but it's my Mum that I'm worried about.

I'm just back from Liverpool, been there since Monday, but found out that my Grandad, who's been ill for quite a while, died on Tuesday morning. :(

It isn't as bad as you might think, I've never been particularly close to him and he was a heavy drinker, especially in the years since his wife died (1978, I think!) and he's been ill and really wasting away in hospital, he knew he'd never go home.

I'm not actually too saddened, he's never been a big part of my life but it's my Mum that I'm worried about.

I reckon while she's got you looking out for her, she'll be just fine. Chin up, mate. She'll be ok.

I reckon while she's got you looking out for her, she'll be just fine. Chin up, mate. She'll be ok.

Yup, can't disagree with that. My gran went through the same last year, she always liked a drink. It took her a lot longer than just a few days.

Puts all this nonsense into perspective.

Chin up, Cameron.