Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Bible-bashers. These twats that come to your door and try to persuade you that "christ is our saviour" should get to f**k. People should be free to chose their religion without those halfwits trying to ram a fuckin bible down your throat <_<

rant over.

Sometimes I wish Marvin Andrews hadn't re-signed for us...

1) The dress I bought for christening has just been picked up from alterers and it looks pish. Too big all over. Back tomorrow to complain.

2) Work was a fucking nightmare this morning. Three incredably abusive calls :(

1) The dress I bought for christening has just been picked up from alterers and it looks pish. Too big all over. Back tomorrow to complain.

arent call centres great? :lol:

Guest bairnbabe
Boolers

Thers was some mad bowls championship on in Ayr this weekend, my house is between the park and ride and the booling club. The street was wall to wall white rain macs and blue rinses.

That will be the National Finals

arent call centres great? :lol:

I argue back.

One guy said to me when I was telling him what to do to fix his PC problem that he'd worked in IT for 15 years and what I was telling him was bullshit.

I said back, "If you've worked with computers for 15 years and you know my job better than I do, why did you bother phoning up in the first place?"

Cue embarrassed idiot getting cut off half way through a sweary tirade.

I work in a Call Centre and I certainly argue back with them.

Some people need to be told the way it is.

EDIT: For example, earlier on today I had a person who had not received her annuity yet because - wait for it - she had been using her husband's National Insurance Number for 40 years and now it was time to pay her a pension, she told us it had been the wrong one and we needed confirmation from HMRC about her correct NINo.

Of course, this was all our fault, and we were deliberately witholding her money, I told her that if she hadn't used the wrong details for 40 years it'd be sorted out and the only person she should be angry at was herself.

Some people are just thick.

Edited by Gaz

Some people are just thick.

Tell me about it Gaz.

I genuinely cant believe the stupidity of some of the people that call me.

I regularly spend up to 10 minutes trying to get people to succeed in pressing certain number combinations into their remote control.

Usually I advise them to get someone familiar with the working's of a Sky remote to try the routine......

Mrs Smith, you are fucking stupid, get your great grandson to try pushing the 3 button combination I've just told you.

Edited by AndyC27/11

Tell me about it Gaz.

I genuinely cant believe the stupidity of some of the people that call me.

I regularly spend up to 10 minutes trying to get people to succeed in pressing certain number combinations into their remote control.

Usually I advise them to get someone familiar with the working's of a Sky remote to try the routine......

Mrs Smith, you are fucking stupid, get your great grandson to try pushing the 3 button combination I've just told you.

How come I always get a Par when I phone up Sky ?

They normally come out with some witty wee team pish :angry:

I demand your direct number when I have a problem.

Edited by Whistle Blower

How come I always get a Par when I phone up Sky ?

They normally come out with some witty wee team pish :angry:

I demand your direct number when I have a problem.

The place is full of them, I quite like it, loads of people to laugh at although I do realise that being a Raith fan doesnt really give me reason to laugh at other people.

I dont really deal with TV problems but if you ever have an Anytime PC/Mobile, interactive or Sky.com problem feel free to ask for me as I'm the only Andy in the department unbelievably.

Remember to say, "I was dealing with a guy called Andy previously and he was bloody fantastic......"

;):D

Day one in my new job, and I seem to be getting to grips with the work types so far - only problem is that I've ended up doing other peoples work because my computer won't connect to the network, and IT couldn't get round to fixing it today. <_<

Day one in my new job, and I seem to be getting to grips with the work types so far - only problem is that I've ended up doing other peoples work because my computer won't connect to the network, and IT couldn't get round to fixing it today. <_<

One of the guys in my team logged a problem with IT this morning to be told that the team in America would have to fix it and they weren't in until 2pm our time! :blink:

One of the guys in my team logged a problem with IT this morning to be told that the team in America would have to fix it and they weren't in until 2pm our time! :blink:

My problem can only be solved out of office hours by the guys in the comms room, apparently, and the two guys that had the know-how were both off sick today <_<

Guest XaaronPrimus

Depending on the problem, thats not as odd as it sounds.