Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

As Wedding season comes into view my Social media account seems to be filled up of peoples wedding pictures..fair enough...although many are accompanied by text like this(and these a grown adults posting)

"the BEST wedding ever with the BEST people". 

The best people? You sure about that? F*ck up.   I keep seeing it everywhere.....even for normal stuff  "great night out with the BEST people"  really? 

Mind you,  maybe I should stop being such a drunken grumpy c*nt and I might get invited to these events with the "best people".

1 hour ago, fuzzydunlop said:

As Wedding season comes into view my Social media account seems to be filled up of peoples wedding pictures..fair enough...although many are accompanied by text like this(and these a grown adults posting)

The best people? You sure about that? F*ck up.   I keep seeing it everywhere.....even for normal stuff  "great night out with the BEST people"  really? 

Mind you,  maybe I should stop being such a drunken grumpy c*nt and I might get invited to these events with the "best people".

Those likes aren't gonna generate themselves. 

1 hour ago, fuzzydunlop said:

That’s the reality of weddings now. Weddings back before camera phones and such were much better, a bunch of drunk laddies and lassies and no one recording…

3 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

These are the sort of people that say the have been out for the BEST meal ever, and then you see they have been to TGI or Bella Italia, Chiquito or All Bar One. 

You can have a decent meal at these places, but ain't having the best meal ever, these formulaic weddings are the same as a chain restaurant event.

You are right to judge them.

5 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

These are the sort of people that say the have been out for the BEST meal ever, and then you see they have been to TGI or Bella Italia, Chiquito or All Bar One. 

You can have a decent meal at these places, but ain't having the best meal ever, these formulaic weddings are the same as a chain restaurant event.

You are right to judge them.

aye spot on....

I think its the wording of the phrase that annoys me so much.   Its folk who are in their 40's going "i have the best friends" and trying to convince folk they are better than everyone else...all that "living your best life" sh*te.   

Its social media so I know someone will say "what do you expect?" obviously its always been about people posting fun stuff of what they are upto...I've no problem with that(as I'm ultimately not interested) or with folk saying "i was at a wedding at the weekend, i had a nice time, heres some pics".

But theres something about that phrase "I had the Best Wedding with the Best people" that winds me up.   

Even adding the word 'my' would be acceptable but otherwise it just sounds c*ntish. 

33 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Weddings are another thing social media has fucked, weddings used to be about people enjoying themselves now its about trying to compete to have the best wedding with the most money spent on it.

I was on Twitter last night and one of the sidemen was getting married his now wife Talia was making TikToks all morning. 

Take a day off, hen.

5 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

"Had a magical day, with some of the best people. Her maid of honour's arsehole husband and my weird Uncle Norman were there too."

9 hours ago, Empty It said:

3 day wedding with no drink? No thanks.

That would be a Muslim wedding, at a Hindu or Sikh Wedding when you ask for a drink, you get a full bottle plonked in front of you. They are mad.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

That would be a Muslim wedding, at a Hindu or Sikh Wedding when you ask for a drink, you get a full bottle plonked in front of you. They are mad.

I thought Hindu weddings were dry as well?

We're off to one in August. The lad is from Sri Lanka and she's French but it's some mad all day thing with lots of mental ceremony type shite. 

Apparently will only be a bit of booze in the evening and the party won't be long because they're both having to start preparing at 6am. 

Each to their own but some of the mentalist stuff (not entirely sure which religion it's under, possibly Hindu) but her mum can't give her away because she's divorced. 

And he's got to bathe in milk. 

And the guests have to kind of make do from 10am to about 5pm with no food, I'll be sneaking out for curry wurst