Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, GordonD said:

I don't do it myself but I can understand adults getting enjoyment from playing video games.

What I can't get my head round is people watching adults playing video games.

but not getting your head round it different from something that someone else does, getting on your nerves. 

I must admit I was a bit unsighted on the whole twitch thing but started getting into it after watching Limmy clips and then unrelated to that the tv show - Players (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Players_(2022_TV_series)#:~:text=Players is an American mockumentary,16%2C 2022%2C on Paramount%2B.). And beyond a retro Gameboy that I dust off every fee few months, I don't play any games or own a console : )

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Sitting on the bog, snapping off a yard of spine and the house phone goes. Obviously I can't answer. They leave no message. Then the mobile phone goes - presumably the same people. I can't answer that as I'm not a deviant who takes his phone into the bog. 

Eventually I get out and find out that the council have phoned me. I call the number back and it's an automated message saying they tried to get through to me but couldn't. Nothing else. 

Probably the sanitation inspector advising you to change diet because they've had complaints from the neighbours 

On 28/05/2023 at 11:15, Empty It said:

Special mention to all the Edinburgh Marathon wankers bringing their cars down and abandoning them all over East Lothian despite the marathon putting on free buses to use.

Most of them probably did the 5km walk with their kids but will still wear the same free t-shirt to pretend they ran the real thing.

16 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Most of them probably did the 5km walk with their kids but will still wear the same free t-shirt to pretend they ran the real thing.

Seemed like every second person I seen about yesterday had an Edinburgh Marathon t-shirt on, a good plentiful walking about with medals on 😂

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Bands/artists who say "catch us on our UK Tour!" when the only places they are playing are in England. 

Anne Marie (sorry if misspelled, I'm not that aware of her) was doing the usual promo interview on Forth1 the other day, she was doing the usual patronising gush about how much she loves Scotland and our accents. 

Well done to the dj who had the balls to immediately ask "How come you have no Scottish dates on the tour, then?"

Much bluster from AM about "Oh don't I? I didn't realise. I don't arrange the small details actually" etc.

9 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Anne Marie (sorry if misspelled, I'm not that aware of her) was doing the usual promo interview on Forth1 the other day, she was doing the usual patronising gush about how much she loves Scotland and our accents. 

Well done to the dj who had the balls to immediately ask "How come you have no Scottish dates on the tour, then?"

Much bluster from AM about "Oh don't I? I didn't realise. I don't arrange the small details actually" etc.

Reminds me of this - 

When a band announces a world tour - 9GAG

10 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Bands/artists who say "catch us on our UK Tour!" when the only places they are playing are in England. 

I think a good bit of that comes down to laziness and a complete misunderstanding of European locations. Promoters in the U.S. are accustomed to fans traveling up to 300+ miles to attend concerts, because that’s honestly a four to five hour drive in nearly all the U.S., perhaps excepting New York and NE. So when they look at the UK, they see three shows in London and two in Manchester, we’re good. You’ll find most major European tours hit one or two big cities in each country they visit, so unless it’s a domestic promoter arranging the tour, Scotland will be left in the cold. Hell, you can’t even explain to them that Dublin is different than Belfast even.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I think a good bit of that comes down to laziness and a complete misunderstanding of European locations. Promoters in the U.S. are accustomed to fans traveling up to 300+ miles to attend concerts, because that’s honestly a four to five hour drive in nearly all the U.S., perhaps excepting New York and NE. So when they look at the UK, they see three shows in London and two in Manchester, we’re good. You’ll find most major European tours hit one or two big cities in each country they visit, so unless it’s a domestic promoter arranging the tour, Scotland will be left in the cold. Hell, you can’t even explain to them that Dublin is different than Belfast even.

I'm fine with them touring that way if that's what they want to do, just call it a tour of England rather than a UK tour. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I'm fine with them touring that way if that's what they want to do, just call it a tour of England rather than a UK tour. 

If it’s a U.S. promoter, it’s all the same…the concept of Scotland/England/Wales/Northern Ireland is all beyond the ken of the average ‘Merican. Hell, you tell them you’re flying into Edinburgh and they say “enjoy England”.

Edited by TxRover