Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I remember one guy lecturing me that the monthly donation he was asking for was "nothing to you, you can afford it easily". Get yourself squarely to f**k wi that patter. 

Harassing you on your doorstep is really grim though. I assume folk must generally hate putting on that bubbly persona and launching into a spiel that probably succeeds less than 5% of the time. 

Still, I'm in my house going about my business. Leave me the f**k alone.  

Years ago, I'd been made redundant from my job at the time, so to fill in the gap I applied for a door to door sales gig (mobile phone contracts). First day, suit on, felt pretty confident.  First door I went to, door slammed in my face. Sales book in the nearest bin, tie chucked,  straight to pub. f**k doing that for a living.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

Years ago, I'd been made redundant from my job at the time, so to fill in the gap I applied for a door to door sales gig (mobile phone contracts). First day, suit on, felt pretty confident.  First door I went to, door slammed in my face. Sales book in the nearest bin, tie chucked,  straight to pub. f**k doing that for a living.

I spent a summer selling gas and electricity contracts and signing people up to Scottish Telecom. Great money but I jacked it in, too. Hell on earth trudging through Weegieland. 

Was listening to Capital Dance today and they played one of my top tunes. Faithless - Weapon of mass destruction.

They've now resorted to jumbling 'BBC1' out of the song. I thought I hit a bump and the radio jumped or lost signal but it was the same point again later in the song

"Whether you're soar away sun or BBC One

Misinformation is a weapon of mass destruc'"

Arseholes.

10 hours ago, Molotov said:

What call filter app do you use?

Truecaller. 

They have since tried to phone twice again today with their blocked spam sales number, before some gobshite in their 'retentions' team then used his fucking own mobile to call at 6pm tonight. He got told where to go as well. 

Chief executives should be guillotined for enabling this abysmal standard of behaviour when chasing a few quid that they're never getting back. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Truecaller. 

They have since tried to phone twice again today with their blocked spam sales number, before some gobshite in their 'retentions' team then used his fucking own mobile to call at 6pm tonight. He got told where to go as well. 

Chief executives should be guillotined for enabling this abysmal standard of behaviour when chasing a few quid that they're never getting back. 

+1 for Truecaller. Very useful app. 

Treated myself to the DVD box set of 'Cracker', the Robbie Coltraine thing from the early nineties. Really enjoying it, but every disc starts off with that loud in-your-face anti-piracy thing that can't be skipped over or fast-forwarded through.

I know video piracy is a bad thing, but I don't do it. I shelled out eighteen quid for the official release so why are you hassling me?

5 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Treated myself to the DVD box set of 'Cracker', the Robbie Coltraine thing from the early nineties. Really enjoying it, but every disc starts off with that loud in-your-face anti-piracy thing that can't be skipped over or fast-forwarded through.

I know video piracy is a bad thing, but I don't do it. I shelled out eighteen quid for the official release so why are you hassling me?

That was always the amusing thing about pirating DVDs - the DVD copying software would automatically make mandatory pre-feature videos skippable, or you could just delete them altogether. So pirates were getting a better experience, while people who actually bought the things had to sit through guilt trips questioning their morality.

I remember some discs came with unskippable trailers for other films too. Absolutely clueless that they were encouraging people into trying piracy.

18 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Shops that have very few pairs of size 12 shoes in stock.

Be thankful you never hit size 13 and realised nowhere in your town stocked any shoes in that size or bigger! Size 12 has always been the cut-off for high-street shops.

Things are so much better these days, with the internet and some of the big chains like Sports Direct, but when I was a teenager in Kent I'd have to take day trips into London just to buy some cheap shitty no-brand trainers and pay through the nose for the privilege. Bit of a shiter if you're poor.

Edit: we all have one foot smaller than the other, to one degree or another. As your feet get bigger, the difference can be more pronounced, so I have a full size difference between my feet, just to make matters worse. You cope with it by buying the larger size and wearing thicker/several pairs of socks on the smaller foot.

Edited by BTFD

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Depending on the make, I wear a size 13 or 14. My nephew is a size 17. 

Try buying slippers in these sizes. 

Size 17? 

He should visit the backwoods of Canada and walk about barefoot in a gorilla costume just to fool folk

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Size 17? 

He should visit the backwoods of Canada and walk about barefoot in a gorilla costume just to fool folk

My niece bought him a suit last month in Slaters in Stirling. He is 6 foot 7, a big guy.

Anyway, they only had one suit that might fit him - they had to take 5 inches off the legs. I mean...who did they make this suit for originally? 

Just now, scottsdad said:

My niece bought him a suit last month in Slaters in Stirling. He is 6 foot 7, a big guy.

Anyway, they only had one suit that might fit him - they had to take 5 inches off the legs. I mean...who did they make this suit for originally? 

If you're ever hanging about in a Walmart and getting bored...maybe an American friend is picking out their new AK-47 or something...take a look at the gents' jeans. They stock all sorts of bizarre sizes, and you can't help but try to visualise the people they're made for.

My record was a 24" waist with ludicrously long legs, and a 60" waist with a 26" inside leg. What a buddy cop show that would make.

Over grieving.

Sad when someone dies but when 83 year old woman dies don't think we all have to go into shock,

Same for old QEII when she pegged out, she was 96, wasn't expecting her next headline to have been her entering the London Marathon raising funds for Help the Aged.

Tina Turner, fine woman, hard life in parts, some good music, some overplayed stuff, but she was getting on hardly needs to be number one, top of the charts headline on every news bulletin for 24 hours.

Old woman died - move on please.

On 23/05/2023 at 18:43, Derry Alli said:

There seems to be a dramatic upturn in everybody complaining about their washing machines and tumble dryers this past fortnight.

Most of the spfl clubs have finished their season so sometimes you have to occupy yourself with other things.