Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 21/05/2023 at 20:52, pozbaird said:

Anyone who buys a baseball cap and wears it without taking the sticker off. It’s not a feature you daft kunts, it’s a sizing sticker.

8C8BB663-14BD-466C-BB9F-1FF313F89298.jpeg

Anyone who buys a baseball cap and wears it who isn't American and doesn't play baseball ...

3 hours ago, virginton said:

I switched broadband provider last week and the Retentions department for the old supplier has made 19 - NINETEEN - spam call attempts in the past two days. Luckily my call filter app handled them, but their tactics are fucking moronic.

What call filter app do you use?

35 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I just had Jesus freaks at the door for the first time in a couple of decades. They immediately adopted a "you're about to move aside and let me in to your home" stance and the lead zealot stuck her foot in the door. Gave a well practiced shocked look when I shut the door in her face.

I'm irrationally angry about this. It upsets me to think of wee polite old ladies being doorstepped by these creeps and feeling like they have to let them in.

Iv honestly never seen that. I'm a bit surprised that you seem familiar with such a tactic. I'd be absolutely seething. It already annoys me when they chap your door and immediately launch into a breathless spiel as soon as you open it. 

I don't blame the folk doing it. They are doing axactly as they are told to do. Although if they don't accept a polite cut off and no thanks, then they can get fucked too. 

57 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I just had Jesus freaks at the door for the first time in a couple of decades. They immediately adopted a "you're about to move aside and let me in to your home" stance and the lead zealot stuck her foot in the door. Gave a well practiced shocked look when I shut the door in her face.

I'm irrationally angry about this. It upsets me to think of wee polite old ladies being doorstepped by these creeps and feeling like they have to let them in.

Made up stories are always the best...

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Iv honestly never seen that. I'm a bit surprised that you seem familiar with such a tactic. I'd be absolutely seething. It already annoys me when they chap your door and immediately launch into a breathless spiel as soon as you open it. 

I don't blame the folk doing it. They are doing axactly as they are told to do. Although if they don't accept a polite cut off and no thanks, then they can get fucked too. 

They seemed like they'd adopted the standard door-to-door salesman tactics, which didn't surprise me. The last time I remember opening the door to religious doorsteppers, it was a couple of nervous Jehovah's Witnesses who immediately asked if I had time to talk about God, and politely buggered off when I said no. I did have a Mormon blow up at me outside a pub once because he approached me with "excuse me, but do you have time to..." and I replied with "no thanks, I'm not interested" before he could finish. I assume it had been a long, hard day of rejection. 

I actually blame them more than salesmen - the latter are trying to make a living, at least, while nobody's forcing anyone to go recruiting for God. They do it because they like it, in one way or another, and nobody owes them anything.

9 minutes ago, BTFD said:

They seemed like they'd adopted the standard door-to-door salesman tactics, which didn't surprise me. The last time I remember opening the door to religious doorsteppers, it was a couple of nervous Jehovah's Witnesses who immediately asked if I had time to talk about God, and politely buggered off when I said no. I did have a Mormon blow up at me outside a pub once because he approached me with "excuse me, but do you have time to..." and I replied with "no thanks, I'm not interested" before he could finish. I assume it had been a long, hard day of rejection. 

I actually blame them more than salesmen - the latter are trying to make a living, at least, while nobody's forcing anyone to go recruiting for God. They do it because they like it, in one way or another, and nobody owes them anything.

I remember one guy lecturing me that the monthly donation he was asking for was "nothing to you, you can afford it easily". Get yourself squarely to f**k wi that patter. 

Harassing you on your doorstep is really grim though. I assume folk must generally hate putting on that bubbly persona and launching into a spiel that probably succeeds less than 5% of the time. 

Still, I'm in my house going about my business. Leave me the f**k alone.  

Toenails. If I don't cut them every four hours it seems I'm basically asking for them to get rub at the top of my shoe and go black. Think it's an age thing although the fact that my 'second biggest toe' is a couple of millimeters longer than my actual big toe (I know. Mutant.) could also be a factor.

See also having to dig down the side of the big toenails every week to stop them jagging the skin at the side of it.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

I worked with a Muslim chap of South Asian heritage. I once asked him "Do you ever get bothered by these Christian evangelists" and he said he never had been. 

So they're racists as well. 

Spoiler

ted.jpg.ccd31aa6f99d131a797441b9d44d231e.jpg

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The university pension provider USS has had a data breach. Hackers have got hold of huge amounts of data including names, NI numbers, titles, dates of birth, etc. 

But it's all fine. You see, they've given everyone a link to an experian service so that every month we can log in and see how much the hackers have taken in loans and stuff out in our names. 

This sounds like a dodgy USS enterprise

1 hour ago, BTFD said:

When I stayed in Aberdeen they once came to the door for a, second time after they'd been politely told I'm not interested. 

They woke me up this particular time and on the spot decided to tell them something along the lines of "f**k off I'm away back to bed with my sister" just to see the looks on their faces. 

Worth every millisecond before closing the door on them. Priceless.

Cue Fifers gonna Fife etc

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I remember one guy lecturing me that the monthly donation he was asking for was "nothing to you, you can afford it easily". Get yourself squarely to f**k wi that patter. 

Harassing you on your doorstep is really grim though. I assume folk must generally hate putting on that bubbly persona and launching into a spiel that probably succeeds less than 5% of the time. 

Still, I'm in my house going about my business. Leave me the f**k alone.  

The sales people prefer a nice quick "no thanks" and door shutting. It's a numbers game, they can move on more quickly and maybe speak to someone who is a sucker.  Don't want to waste time with some polite ditherer who's never going to bite. 

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

Och you should have invited him in for a pint.

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Try spinning on Medium or High.

However, the “intelligent” washer chose “Low” itself when I selected “Bedding”…so it should be programmed to allow for the fact a bloody great comforter or sheets will retain a sizable percentage of water to be spun out.

4 hours ago, BTFD said:

Funny how these folk use the same tactics whether they're preaching the Lord's word or selling broadband contracts.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

When I stayed in Aberdeen they once came to the door for a, second time after they'd been politely told I'm not interested. 

They woke me up this particular time and on the spot decided to tell them something along the lines of "f**k off I'm away back to bed with my sister" just to see the looks on their faces. 

Worth every millisecond before closing the door on them. Priceless.

Cue Fifers gonna Fife etc

"along the lines of..."