Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Empty It said:

Wondering why cancelled ferries is all of a sudden newsworthy is apparently sticking up for Cal Mac now...

Pretending that cancelled ferries 'happened all the time before' - they didn't, the nick of the service being offered right now is an enormous downgrade in delivery - is indeed sticking up for Cal Mac. All to fit into the exact same moonhowling media conspiracy nonsense on behalf of your favourite political team that was (correctly) marked as the calling card of a moron.

But apparently not if the media in question is Scottish rather than UK and the team is in yellow rather than blue/red. 🤡

Edited by vikingTON

On 17/05/2023 at 20:38, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Just as I was about to let off a ripper I saw a colleague approach from the side, I swear I clenched so hard, my throat puffed up like a mating frog.

Well, y'know, it's never too late to learn the trumpet 

GettyImages-112686638-590abdf15f9b586470d3e223.thumb.jpg.3bea76f47878b108c6e91f73dd2ab80b.jpg

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Pretending that cancelled ferries 'happened all the time before' - they didn't, the nick of the service being offered right now is an enormous downgrade in delivery - is indeed sticking up for Cal Mac. All to fit into the exact same moonhowling media conspiracy nonsense on behalf of your favourite political team that was (correctly) marked as the calling card of a moron.

But apparently not if the media in question is Scottish rather than UK and the team is in yellow rather than blue/red. 🤡

Do you converse with people with such contempt in real life? 

8 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Do you converse with people with such contempt in real life? 

I observe the golden rule of never engaging with tone trolling, resident pub bores like you 'in real life'. 

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

I observe the golden rule of never engaging with tone trolling, resident pub bores like you 'in real life'. 

You've got me wrong. I'm generally the quiet guy in the corner in pubs, not the loud expert on absolutely everything standing at the bar. 

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You've got me wrong. I'm generally the quiet guy in the corner in pubs, not the loud expert on absolutely everything standing at the bar. 

So you don't drone on about the tone of everyone else's conversations around you, while producing nothing of merit yourself? 

If only we could swap this 'real life' persona with the fucking abysmal online one you've fabricated then. 

Edited by vikingTON

9 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Australia doesn’t have a diameter, unless you mean it’s coastline, in which case, so is Scotlands*

* I probably made this up. But pedantry is my purpose. 

The pedant in me would say it's coastline would be it's circumference. It's width would be akin to it's diameter.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

So you don't drone on about the tone of everyone else's conversations around you, while producing nothing of merit yourself? 

If only we could swap this 'real life' persona with the fucking abysmal online one you've fabricated then. 

Why the vitriol?

Chill out and spread some peace and love man

54 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Why the vitriol?

Chill out and spread some peace and love man

He’s mad the Ukrainians didn’t roll over to get their tummies tickled…get your VT phrase bingo cards ready.

11 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Australia doesn’t have a diameter, unless you mean it’s coastline, in which case, so is Scotlands*

* I probably made this up. But pedantry is my purpose. 

The "width" of Australia is wider than the "width" of the moon.