Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 hours ago, hk blues said:

Why would you need a union to answer that question?  You are either willing to cancel or not and surely can answer accordingly. 

Because Texas is a “Right to Work” state, which basically means you can be fired for nearly any reason. A Union contract that outlines how they may cancel approved leave was in place, and they missed the window to cancel it.

8 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

He lives in Texas, from knowledge the union was the Northern States, where he comes from, in truer words, He'd be lynched, for thinking of a day off. 

Not quite right…come, most recently, from Suffolk to the South. However, the aversion to taking days off in the U.S., as it is showing a lack of dedication, is real.

8 hours ago, hk blues said:

Aye, being from Texas I'd have thought he'd have been battering the union, not asking for help. 

Unions in the U.S. have been gutted since the ‘70’s, but they are still reasonably present and powerful. Open Shop Laws, requiring the Union to represent you regardless of membership or not, and denying the ability of the Union to even charge any dues to cover those required actions performed for non-members, took their toll. The worm  may be turning.

Down to using a cash machine once a month, card for most things these days. Got someone to pay and a couple of things this weekend, I usually take out about 80-100 for the whole month I case I need cash, or want to use in shop or pub. 

Today I took out 200, and got £160 in tenners and £40 in fivers.....WTF

HSBC on Union St in Aberdeen gives out fivers and I've ended up with a  wad of notes stupid size.

Edited by MEADOWXI

1 minute ago, MEADOWXI said:

Down to using a cash machine once a month, card for most things these days. Got someone to pay and a couple of things this weekend, I usually take out about 80-100 for the whole month I case I need cash, or want to use in shop or pub. 

HSBC on Union St in Aberdeen gives out fivers and I've ended up with a  wad of notes stupid size.

^^^ loadsamoney.jpg.048c50eb79f50834da16b79953613c3f.jpg

31 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Booked on a 16:30 flight, work tried to squeeze one more job in and I said fine but don't change flight (that one would get me back here for 16:00 but 80% chance it wouldn't take off). Ot never took off, my work changed my flight home to 19:45 and now I can't get back on earlier flight as its booked out and I'm stuck in airport drinking shit coffee with nothing to do contemplating battering some c**t on the earlier flight to make space for me.

Paid or not, I'm pissed off. 

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

Booked on a 16:30 flight, work tried to squeeze one more job in and I said fine but don't change flight (that one would get me back here for 16:00 but 80% chance it wouldn't take off). Ot never took off, my work changed my flight home to 19:45 and now I can't get back on earlier flight as its booked out and I'm stuck in airport drinking shit coffee with nothing to do contemplating battering some c**t on the earlier flight to make space for me.

Paid or not, I'm pissed off. 

See if you took a book with you you'd have something to do.

The fact that our national anthem can't be played accurately on our national instrument does my box in.

Playing a natural instead of a flat on the word "think" changes the character of it and makes it sound rubbish. 

Can the piper not half cover the hole with his finger (easy lads) the way that tin whistle players do? 

Anyway, it's a riddy.

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

ClearcutNervousAidi-size_restricted.gif

9 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Those new paper rail tickets being comically oversized.

The day they brought them in, the conductor on my train was struggling with the new machines and bitching comically about how much had been spent on them.

Maybe @19QOS19 has some idea about why the high heid yins decided that it would be a better idea to issue customers with a duvet rather than a credit card-sized ticket. Although, probably not, if his bosses are anything like everyone else's.

33 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Apps changing their name to start with My, such as MyO2, MySky, MyOdeon etc, so when your apps are sorted alphabetically they aren't where you'd expect them to be in the list.

I hadn't noticed this, but you're right.

Companies concerned solely with money desperately trying to evoke feelings of loyalty from the customers they care nothing for. Yuck.

Just now, BTFD said:

The day they brought them in, the conductor on my train was struggling with the new machines and bitching comically about how much had been spent on them.

Maybe @19QOS19 has some idea about why the high heid yins decided that it would be a better idea to issue customers with a duvet rather than a credit card-sized ticket. Although, probably not, if his bosses are anything like everyone else's.

I hadn't noticed this, but you're right.

Companies concerned solely with money desperately trying to evoke feelings of loyalty from the customers they care nothing for. Yuck.

Don't have to deal with that anymore, thankfully. No idea why they've changed them tbh. Maybe cheaper to produce? The last printers Guards/TEs had were very unreliable as well. 

No idea if these are better. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Don't have to deal with that anymore, thankfully. No idea why they've changed them tbh. Maybe cheaper to produce? The last printers Guards/TEs had were very unreliable as well. 

No idea if these are better. 

Wish they'd brought them in at the start of winter and I wouldn't have needed to carry a scarf.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Everything being "super".

"I'm super excited; that's super tasty; it will be super hot today".

You can use "very", "extremely", "incredibly" etc, etc.

Hasn't seen Dead Poets' Society type post.