Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Bonus points for the roasters who think a croissant or half a baguette will fit through it, which inevitably get stuck and basically set on fire then hurriedly walk away leaving their smouldering mess behind them and try to deny their utter fucking stupidity.

I don't think you can roast anything in them

13 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Plus given the speed, you probably need to place the bread on the conveyor the night before to have any chance of getting it ready by breakfast time.

You also need to have the reactions of a fielder in cricket to catch it as it inevitably shoots out the end despite crawling through the machine until the final ejection. 

22 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Inconsistent toasting. For example, today:

Toaster job #1 : Halved hot crossed buns burnt to a f***ing crisp (black).

Toaster job #2 (same settings as #1, 2 mins later) : 'toast' verging on hot bread, needing a second go.

Sounds like you've failed to adjust for either the variation in size, the different texture or the higher sugar chemical composition of your buns. You shouldn't be expecting the same outcome with different baked goods and I for one have no sympathy. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Sounds like you've failed to adjust for either the variation in size, the different texture or the higher sugar chemical composition of your buns. You shouldn't be expecting the same outcome with different baked goods and I for one have no sympathy. 

The texture and sweetness of my buns is a strictly private matter.

3 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Found out my da has an aortic aneurysm. Also it's hereditary in males, so me and my son will need to be tested/monitored.

That’s a right pisser, but the warning is very good to know.

3 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Had to have my dog put down on Saturday. Felt like a murderer carrying him into the vet.

That is the the exact opposite of reality. I made the mistake once of waiting a few days too long to take an ailing cat in to be put to sleep, and it haunted me for years. It also make it extremely easy just over a year ago to recognize the need to take our aging cat in to be put down because she was clearly in pain…and I feel so much better about stopping the pain for a great pet I spent 16 years with.

9 hours ago, hk blues said:

I don't think you can roast anything in them

9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Certainly not cheese

Actually, just picked up some toaster grilled cheese sandwiches at Costco. 5/10, too flattened and not substantial enough, but acceptable taste and they work when you’re in a hurry…30 seconds in a microwave and then toast medium.