Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Similar to c***s who stand right next to the baggage carousel at airports, c***s who after ordering in a fast food restaurant then stand right next to and block the pick up counter. Your triple burger and mega fries aren't coming any faster ya doss c**t. 

The baggage carousel behaviour has always fascinated me. It's like people are competing for *better* luggage, not just waiting for their own.

As a social experiment, I bet if you were to replace the flow of suitcases with different-sized piles of money the behaviour would be almost identical.

Saw a tv presenter saying “he’s” instead of “his”. It was Mike Brewer, Essexy car dealer. Listened to a few podcasts recently and noticed a few older gents from that part of the world saying it. Is this a new thing? They used to always drop the “h” but now they say the “h” but use the wrong word. Gets on my teet’s.

44 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The baggage carousel behaviour has always fascinated me. It's like people are competing for *better* luggage, not just waiting for their own.

As a social experiment, I bet if you were to replace the flow of suitcases with different-sized piles of money the behaviour would be almost identical.

To a certain (limited) extent it's understandable as it stops some thieving c**t nicking your case or taking it by mistake.  Worse airport behaviour is folk lining up at the gate before the flight is even called. 

13 minutes ago, hk blues said:

To a certain (limited) extent it's understandable as it stops some thieving c**t nicking your case or taking it by mistake.  Worse airport behaviour is folk lining up at the gate before the flight is even called. 

If folk just worked out that there's more space for everyone if they all kept a few feet back from the carousel, then everyone can see it and step forward when they see their case. 

It's a slight annoyance but automatically amplified x1000 because it's in an airport.

18 minutes ago, hk blues said:

My favourite for the gate queue watching us Aberdeen airport. The bar is very small, and some of the seating is at the lower level next to the gates. I have sat on a bar stool at a table having a pint, and my flight was called at a gate about 15foot from where I was sitting. Did I jump up....nope. I sat and for 30mins enjoyed my pint as the queue grew into the distance, they all slowly filed past and stressed to be on and seated first. And as the queue got to about 5 people I stood, finished my pint, picked up my bag and boarded. And the ones that had been sitting already for 20-30 mins on a 90min flight were there, and my seat was magically empty and waiting for me. Have never understood the need to be on a plane longer than required.

2 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Paper cuts. You can hardly see them yet they hurt worse than having a limb removed.*

* Exaggeration.

Put my hand in my box the other day to take out a tool and one of these was lurking in there, pointing up. It’s a 4 inch long reinforced razor blade, attached to a tough metal stick. My thumb came off second best.

image.png.dda55d769b92ee6356730de4419aad1e.png

45 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The solution has been found. £20 for a suitcase cover with your own face on it.

4D12F60A00000578-5824045-image-m-20_1528

32 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

My favourite for the gate queue watching us Aberdeen airport. The bar is very small, and some of the seating is at the lower level next to the gates. I have sat on a bar stool at a table having a pint, and my flight was called at a gate about 15foot from where I was sitting. Did I jump up....nope. I sat and for 30mins enjoyed my pint as the queue grew into the distance, they all slowly filed past and stressed to be on and seated first. And as the queue got to about 5 people I stood, finished my pint, picked up my bag and boarded. And the ones that had been sitting already for 20-30 mins on a 90min flight were there, and my seat was magically empty and waiting for me. Have never understood the need to be on a plane longer than required.

Similarly, when I worked in a bar restaurant in my youth, we'd have a full house of people sitting down after dinner until the first table decided to get up to pay and leave and everyone else did the same, forming a queue at the bar behind them. My boss called it the flock of birds phenomenon. 

41 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Put my hand in my box the other day to take out a tool and one of these was lurking in there, pointing up. It’s a 4 inch long reinforced razor blade, attached to a tough metal stick. My thumb came off second best.

Thought it had been a while since you had mutilated yourself

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Thought it had been a while since you had mutilated yourself

Fortunately I’d just covered the whole room with plastic sheets, ready to get my sprayer out (no euph) so no blood on the client’s new carpet,

53 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You really want to reverse that blade when you're not using it.

stock-photo-construction-industry-female

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

blackknight.jpeg.00eb78b2ba8c5ee33070906a9ef44ac4.jpeg

55 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The solution has been found. £20 for a suitcase cover with your own face on it.

4D12F60A00000578-5824045-image-m-20_1528

Scenes when her bag plonks out on the carousel with a nice big walloper drawn on her forehead.