Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, greendot said:

Every time i type pie and bovril, well just pie so the address appears into my phone's address bar I'm getting automatic suggestions for piers fucking Morgan 🤬

Same thing happens to me when I type in "odious cvnt that should be in jail".

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

I’ve a feeling this might not be petty: Smoking on hospital grounds, and in particular, smoking at the fucking entrance to hospital grounds. Absolute arsehole behaviour.

As I've stated elsewhere, in January and February I was undergoing daily radiotherapy on my leg after having a malignant tumour removed. Every day, when I got off the bus, I had to walk past a group of people smoking on the corner on the way to the cancer clinic.

On 09/03/2023 at 08:16, velo army said:

Apologies maths, but it won't let me delete your quote.

Anyhow, I saw this wee sign in WH Smith's today that had me narrowing my eyes in disapproval.

IMG_20230309_075511.jpg

You were very restrained innot burning the whole building to the ground

Just now, GordonD said:

As I've stated elsewhere, in January and February I was undergoing daily radiotherapy on my leg after having a malignant tumour removed. Every day, when I got off the bus, I had to walk past a group of people smoking on the corner on the way to the cancer clinic.

I’m finding it difficult not to go full Mick Douglas.

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

"This A-list movie star looks unrecognisable in costume...but can YOU guess who it is?"

Over and over again in various ways.  

This actor was 8 in a famous 80s film, you won't believe what they look like know.

Well about 30 years older like the rest of us 

6 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

This actor was 8 in a famous 80s film, you won't believe what they look like know.

Well about 30 years older like the rest of us 

Likely closer to 40 years.

Sorry, I've just reached a point where I can remember cultural events that happened 40 years ago or more, and wanted to share the misery.

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

Likely closer to 40 years.

Sorry, I've just reached a point where I can remember cultural events that happened 40 years ago or more, and wanted to share the misery.

Yea, someone pointed out that we’re now closer to 2100 than the end of WW2. I grew up playing Commandos vs Jerries…Jesus wept.

The registration number on the advert for the new Volkswagen I4 actually belongs to a Peugeot 308.

Also whilst looking for the PTTGOYN thread, I scrolled through 9 pages only to then discover it on page 2 

People, especially broadcasters, adding '....ness' onto words. Already today I have heard 'humbleness' instead of humility, and the spectacularly bad 'underwhelmingness.'

Edited by IncomingExile

2 minutes ago, IncomingExile said:

People, especially broadcasters, adding '....ness' onto words. Already today I have heard 'humbleness' instead of humility, and the spectacularly bad 'underwhelmingness.'

On Sunday for the 1st time I saw the word 'doneness'.   It makes perfect sense but I'd never heard or seen it before.  

11 minutes ago, IncomingExile said:

Not exactly the same but i read an article about "enshittification" yesterday. I quite liked that one.