Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I was in a Teams call earlier and one guy wished all the women in the call a "Happy Women's Day". 

Is this a thing now? Do we have to treat it like a birthday?

Women's Day.jpg

I was in a Teams call earlier and one guy wished all the women in the call a "Happy Women's Day". 

You know if they were true to the spirit of International Women's Day the wimmenfolk would say "Oh, don't bother about it, I don't mind" and when it came around it would be like "WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING FOR IT??"

My name's Sid the Sexist. Good Night! 

Similar earlier, someone put it in the chat and it was quickly followed by a thumbs down emoji.

Not me btw. I love women. 

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

International Women's Day is celebrated big time in Italy to the point where it's sickening. Hee-Haw for Men's Day of course.

Is this not up there with All Lives Matter and Why don't we have Straight Pride marches?

On 08/02/2023 at 07:30, scottsdad said:

Washed the car yesterday. A neighbour was out walking her dog. As she passed she jokingly said "you can wash mine too" 

Jeezo. Is there a lower form of conversation? 

Yes,

I was building a fence today and was talking to the customer as the postman came up the path, she said, what's this, more bills?

You could just tell that the postman had never heard this before in his grunted reply.

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

Yes,

I was building a fence today and was talking to the customer as the postman came up the path, she said, what's this, more bills?

You could just tell that the postman had never heard this before in his grunted reply.

maybe his name is William, and you're just out the loop

16 hours ago, Widge said:

I'm currently down south and have to fly back from Bristol Airport later. Apparently they've suspended flights until 11am today (not that I'm leaving until after 6pm), but you'd think it was the fucking apocalypse down here, the way they panic when there's less than an inch of snow is pathetic. Literally nobody is outside and they're all panicking about getting to various other places with less snow. 

I get this is nothing new, but it's so annoying to be here whilst the mass hysteria is taking place. I'm sure they've ransacked the supermarkets too! 

On a similar note, the weather reports with dire warnings about 'unprecedented' snow, that seem remarkably similar to the same reports last winter...

Worked at Birmingham Heartland Hospital for a year and lived out in Knowle (east of Solihull) took about 45 minutes because of traffic each morning.

Snowed the night/morning with about 3cm on the ground, drove to work as normal, but, took about 15 minutes.

Nobody in the office of 15.

NOBODY.

edit - forgot 1 guy slept in the hospital dorms, he couldn't even walk to work, it was that bad.

Edited by SlipperyP

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Worked at Birmingham Heartland Hospital for a year and lived out in Knowle (east of Solihull) took about 45 minutes because of traffic each morning.

Snowed the night/morning with about 3cm on the ground, drove to work as normal, but, took about 15 minutes.

Nobody in the office of 15.

NOBODY.

Similar. I used to work in Galashiels whilst living in Edinburgh. There had been heavy snow overnight and the A68 was shut but the A7 was still open, although not recommended. Was a bit hairy at times but I drove down to work to find that everyone else, most of whom lived within spitting distance of the office, hadn't bothered. Did I get a medal for my heroism? Did I fu......

2 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Did I get a medal for my heroism? Did I fu......

This is the thing, as I was the only person in the office (purchase), I had to take all the calls, this is well before mobile phones, so stood all day keeping the Hospital on its legs. I may have exaggerated a little. 

Not even a thumbs up for this heroic  Jock 

10 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Similar. I used to work in Galashiels whilst living in Edinburgh. There had been heavy snow overnight and the A68 was shut but the A7 was still open, although not recommended. Was a bit hairy at times but I drove down to work to find that everyone else, most of whom lived within spitting distance of the office, hadn't bothered. Did I get a medal for my heroism? Did I fu......

This is dedication with no reward.

I was delivering medication to Aberdeen back in the day (all above board you sny little c***s), snow fell and was diverted West via Perth, got to Scone and the game was a boogy. Slept about 4hrs in the van before I realise I was going to die. Walked up the street to find a B&B for them to say, 'not tonight'.

Went back to the van and ran the petrol out with the engine heating me.  Also needed a shite, and shiting in the snow at 2am, who fucking knows what's going to happen.

So, I had toilet roll in the van (all van drivers have), I curled up like a turban (sorry any Sheiks in the thread) and had a big shite, took back to the BnB and cleared their path, to lay a big shite on their door step.

Keep the body moving folks😏

Got petrol delivered to me the next day, drove back to the centre for them to ask in detail where and what I've been doing overnight. 

8 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

This is dedication with no reward.

I was delivering medication to Aberdeen back in the day (all above board you sny little c***s), snow fell and was diverted West via Perth, got to Scone and the game was a boogy. Slept about 4hrs in the van before I realise I was going to die. Walked up the street to find a B&B for them to say, 'not tonight'.

Went back to the van and ran the petrol out with the engine heating me.  Also needed a shite, and shiting in the snow at 2am, who fucking knows what's going to happen.

So, I had toilet roll in the van (all van drivers have), I curled up like a turban (sorry any Sheiks in the thread) and had a big shite, took back to the BnB and cleared their path, to lay a big shite on their door step.

Keep the body moving folks😏

Got petrol delivered to me the next day, drove back to the centre for them to ask in detail where and what I've been doing overnight. 

I’m telling my grandkids this is the real story of Joseph and Mary.