Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

37 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Seeing a load of insta posts & news articles “X person’s dog is ill, they don’t have insurance & we are crowdfunding to help them…” or most recently “Y person’s boat sank without insurance, we are crowdfunding to help get them back to sea…”

Surely, this wouldn’t be required if the people in question just, you know, got insurance?

Insurance won't pay out if it's a pre-existing thing though.

Poor service in restaurants/pubs. Booked a place in Darlington for last night, and waited 30 mins and walked out after nobody came to take our food order. Just kept getting told he'd be with us in a minute, but kept going to serve drinks to folk that had just walked in. Surely telling the folk at the bar to hold on for 2 minutes while he took our order would have been a better idea?? Also there was a girl working as well but was wiping tables down, and not taking anyone's food orders.  Gave them a bad review on FB, they then deleted the review and blocked me. 

43 minutes ago, philpy said:

Poor service in restaurants/pubs. Booked a place in Darlington for last night, and waited 30 mins and walked out after nobody came to take our food order. Just kept getting told he'd be with us in a minute, but kept going to serve drinks to folk that had just walked in. Surely telling the folk at the bar to hold on for 2 minutes while he took our order would have been a better idea?? Also there was a girl working as well but was wiping tables down, and not taking anyone's food orders.  Gave them a bad review on FB, they then deleted the review and blocked me. 

Was it 4.55pm? 

Waited all of half time in the pie van queue at Locos yesterday, where it was Baltic and I was in need of a hot drink.  Finally got served 5 mins into the 2nd half, only to be told by a disinterested teenager that there was no hot water left.  At no point did anybody think it would be a good idea to let folk in the (still lengthy) queue know this.  To make matters worse, Locos then scored about 10 secs later. 😔

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Waited all of half time in the pie van queue at Locos yesterday, where it was Baltic and I was in need of a hot drink.  Finally got served 5 mins into the 2nd half, only to be told by a disinterested teenager that there was no hot water left.  At no point did anybody think it would be a good idea to let folk in the (still lengthy) queue know this.  To make matters worse, Locos then scored about 10 secs later. 😔

Mate has booked hospitality for Locos next week.

Dress code is "smart"

My jeans were good enough for Dumbarton's hospitality and they're a Scottish League Club 

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Were you at least out of earshot of the drummer?

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Were you at least out of earshot of the drummer?

Nope. They* were right behind the goal at the pie** end.

*Drummers (x4).

inverurieband-768x768.thumb.jpg.e0cd9363eb60f0632aff03edccf31d4a.jpg

**£4 for a substandard pie!

Edited by Hedgecutter

25 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Nope. They* were right behind the goal at the pie** end.

*Drummers (x4).

**£4 for a substandard pie!

'sakes. The absolute mark of a diddy club is a drummer. To have four of them though!

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

They'd likely all have a heart attack when they saw the prices anyway.

Talks in which people cite three examples in one go, when two would be plenty.

"Some Scottish teams play in blue strips, such as St Johnstone, or Queen of the South, or Stranraer "