Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Why is it so f**king hard to change the date of a direct debit? :(

Send me your bank details and mother's maiden name and I'll sort it for you....

3 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I'm not falling for that again.

If you can't trust the legal representative of the Nigerian Foreign Affairs Minister, then who can you trust?

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Why is it so f**king hard to change the date of a direct debit? :(

Must be using the same software vender our retirement plan used. On the old system you could see records all the way to the 80’s, and changes were easy…now, there is no way to access any records before 24 May 2022, and if you have an installment payment set up, you can’t adjust any of the withholding unless you cancel the damn thing and restart it!

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

See also "best selling in country x" automatically means "its fucking great".  e.g. that coffee shampoo stuff (#ripshampoouseage) thats "Germany's best selling" or some hand cream that is "No 1 in the US".

Who gives a f**k. Is it any good?

At £40 a bottle I fail to see how that's anyone's best seller. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Must be using the same software vender our retirement plan used. On the old system you could see records all the way to the 80’s, and changes were easy…now, there is no way to access any records before 24 May 2022, and if you have an installment payment set up, you can’t adjust any of the withholding unless you cancel the damn thing and restart it!

Send me your bank details and mother's maiden name and I'll sort it for you....

Taps in restaurant toilets. Invariably they are all push taps where the water comes out with enough force to rip the skin from your hands and only remain on for 2 seconds, making it incredibly difficult to wash your hands properly and soaking you at the same time.

6 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Taps in restaurant toilets. Invariably they are all push taps where the water comes out with enough force to rip the skin from your hands and only remain on for 2 seconds, making it incredibly difficult to wash your hands properly and soaking you at the same time.

Public toilets generally. Think I can count on one hand the number of times I've gone into one and someone hasn't dropped their guts 1 minute earlier, stinking the place out.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Public toilets generally. Think I can count on one hand the number of times I've gone into one and someone hasn't dropped their guts 1 minute earlier, stinking the place out.

Yeah, sorry about that. 

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I know what you mean. Some people treat these places like a shitehouse.

9 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Pub I regular in has a hot tap with nice gentle flow of warm water, the cold tap has a flow that hits the bottom of the bowl, the mirror, the walls and whatever poor sod has pressed the bottom. A lesson soon learnt.

10 hours ago, velo army said:

At £40 a bottle I fail to see how that's anyone's best seller. 

He's been drinking it for sure.

He's got more hair on his napper than Prince Andrew's Instagram downloads

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

^Fantasises about a massive pristine convenience, brilliant gold taps, virginal white marble, a seat carved from ebony, a cistern full of Chanel No.5 and a flunky handing him pieces of raw silk toilet paper

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

^Fantasises about a massive pristine convenience, brilliant gold taps, virginal white marble, a seat carved from ebony, a cistern full of Chanel No.5 and a flunky handing him pieces of raw silk toilet paper

Like you get at Cliftonhill?

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

https://www.timeout.com/news/the-worlds-fanciest-public-toilet-just-opened-022223

On 03/03/2023 at 10:38, MEADOWXI said:

Pub I regular in has a hot tap with nice gentle flow of warm water, the cold tap has a flow that hits the bottom of the bowl, the mirror, the walls and whatever poor sod has pressed the bottom. A lesson soon learnt.

williams.jpg

Been somewhat ridiculous with money recently so have scaled back all unnecessary spending. No takeaways. No needless pub trips. 

Doing quite good until I've just seen the 8/1 fourfold I had picked out but didn't put £10 on come in. :lol:

FML.

Seeing a load of insta posts & news articles “X person’s dog is ill, they don’t have insurance & we are crowdfunding to help them…” or most recently “Y person’s boat sank without insurance, we are crowdfunding to help get them back to sea…”

Surely, this wouldn’t be required if the people in question just, you know, got insurance?

35 minutes ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Seeing a load of insta posts & news articles “X person’s dog is ill, they don’t have insurance & we are crowdfunding to help them…” or most recently “Y person’s boat sank without insurance, we are crowdfunding to help get them back to sea…”

Surely, this wouldn’t be required if the people in question just, you know, got insurance?

I hate it when my boat sinks