Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

I actually quite like it. 

Peston is the master of it though.  A huge sigh mid-sentence then 20 words rattled out in 5 seconds.

I think that's partly his technique for combating stuttering, but he can use it to great secondary effect, especially when an interviewee is trying to avoid questioning by rabitting on nonstop. 

There used to be a guy from the Western Isles who did Thought for the Day on Radio Scotland from time to time. He had quite an interesting delivery. 

It was a bit like a machine gun interrupted by a fairly lengthy pause. I always wondered if this how the folk in that neck of the woods generally spoke. 

Father Roddie Somethingorother

11 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

There used to be a guy from the Western Isles who did Thought for the Day on Radio Scotland from time to time. He had quite an interesting delivery. 

It was a bit like a machine gun interrupted by a fairly lengthy pause. I always wondered if this how the folk in that neck of the woods generally spoke. 

Father Roddie Somethingorother

Father Hank Tree

Father Hiroshima Twinkie

Father Stig Bubblecard

Father Chewie Lewis

Father Peewee Stairmaster

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Father Hank Tree

Father Hiroshima Twinkie

Father Stig Bubblecard

Father Chewie Lewis

Father Peewee Stairmaster, 

Father Peewee Stairmaster, Can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating.

Edited by buchan30

23 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Father Hank Tree

Father Hiroshima Twinkie

Father Stig Bubblecard

Father Chewie Lewis

Father Peewee Stairmaster

Father Chewie Lewis? Was he the priest that moonwalked across America? 

On 22/02/2023 at 17:34, Empty It said:

More and more unskipable adverts on YouTube.

Subscribed because of this months ago. £11.99. It's what they want you to do of course and I hate myself for that but in all honesty it's worth it given the amount of hours I watch. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Subscribed because of this months ago. £11.99. It's what they want you to do of course and I hate myself for that but in all honesty it's worth it given the amount of hours I watch. 

On my laptop I use FIrefox, with the AdBlocker Ultimate extension, and I don't get any adverts on Youtube. On my phone I use Opera, and with it's ad blocking turned on I don't see adverts on the Youtube site either.

11 minutes ago, Empty It said:

I'll stop watching YouTube before paying for premium. 

Agreed. I would probably get value out it. At least some. But I'm afraid it's a nose off to spite face scenario. 

c***s have spotted the popularity of Netflix and just decided that everything should be a monthly subscription. They all want a piece now and its like they cant see the market is flooded. There's already far too many and I'm now at the won't do it on principle stage. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Agreed. I would probably get value out it. At least some. But I'm afraid it's a nose off to spite face scenario. 

c***s have spotted the popularity of Netflix and just decided that everything should be a monthly subscription. They all want a piece now and its like they cant see the market is flooded. There's already far too many and I'm now at the won't do it on principle stage. 

It's almost like we need an aggregate streaming service that gives you access to all the individual services for one reasonable monthly cost.