Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

@Derry Alli, @Rugster and @Zetterlund. this is just attention seeking and it's not a good look.

Do you know what would be a good look?

If you got yourself the new Colorado Rapids shirt. The sky blue on burgundy is lovely and it would really bring out the blue in your eyes.

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Forgans.

It was far from the worst service experience we've had recently (that award goes to Malmaison Dundee).

Malmaison are very poor tbh.

We specifically requested that we didn't get a Christmas menu for a works do in late November.

Two weeks before the meal, not only had they "upgraded" us to the Christmas menu but had slotted us into one of their private rooms.

Both at added cost obviously.

We cancelled.

49 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Do you know what would be a good look?

If you got yourself the new Colorado Rapids shirt. The sky blue on burgundy is lovely and it would really bring out the blue in your eyes.

OK, that's enough. Let me speak to your parents, right now.

Also, if you really wanted to bring out the colour of my eyes, a fetching rose pink would do the job.

Colorado Rapids deserve some credit for keeping their original American as hell name instead of trying way too hard to 'Euro-fy' themselves by changing to a generic a generic suffix like United or City.

Edited by GNU_Linux

Don't think I don't know what's going on here. It's clear you all got together last night and said "Right, whatever Shotgun posts tomorrow. we'll all gang up and disagree with him, no matter how sensible his point might be." You aren't fooling anyone. Harrumph.

11 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Colorado Rapids deserve some credit for keeping their original American as hell name instead of trying way too hard to 'Euro-fy' themselves by changing to a generic a generic suffix like United or City.

Or my (least) favourite "Real" Salt Lake. Royal the what now? 

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

My local fitba team, the Colorado Rapids (57 miles door to door) have just released their kit for the upcoming season. Over the years, I've seen them play in every shirt-short-socks combination of burgundy-white and white-burgundy and it looks smart as. Yet for some reason, they insist on shoehorning sky blue into the mix. Here's  the latest effort.

lfgno819ldqobjvp3jnv.jpg 

Now, no offence to the fans of West Ham, Burnley or Aston Villa (OK, maybe just a little) but burgundy, maroon, claret or whatever you call it, does NOT look good with sky blue. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

Somebody should do something.

Kinda like that kit, but I’m not sure about those kicks.

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

My local fitba team, the Colorado Rapids (57 miles door to door) have just released their kit for the upcoming season. Over the years, I've seen them play in every shirt-short-socks combination of burgundy-white and white-burgundy and it looks smart as. Yet for some reason, they insist on shoehorning sky blue into the mix. Here's  the latest effort.

lfgno819ldqobjvp3jnv.jpg 

Now, no offence to the fans of West Ham, Burnley or Aston Villa (OK, maybe just a little) but burgundy, maroon, claret or whatever you call it, does NOT look good with sky blue. Nobody will convince me otherwise.

Somebody should do something.

I always had an antipathy to claret and sky blue for some reason @newcastle broon

4 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

As said, this experience is pretty typical when we're out. Some might say we're not going to the right places, and no doubt the Old Course will have had better service but that's not the point. Even a pub serving food should treat their customers better than this. It's almost certainly a case of the staff not giving a shit about their job, but it's also very poor from their managers for not getting standards up (they likely don't care either). 

When I worked at TGI's the waiters got to keep all tips, so it motivated us to provide excellent service. Being able to make £100 odd at the end of a shift (which, when added to basic wage meant about £15-20 per hour) kept the energy up and meant that we were super keen to look after our guests. 

We had service standards and a very well laid out way of guest care that started when they came through the door and ended just as they left. It meant that the only way you provided poor service was that you didn't care, rather than any lack of knowledge. So training and a corporate culture of customer care is a big part of it.

I did notice an increasingly dreadful work ethic coming from the younger ones. Our manager was a creepy cvnt, so would hire a load of 19 year old Aberdonian lassies who were, to a quine, more interested in whatever shite was happening on their phones than actually doing any work. The number of times I'd remind them to clear the fucking table before taking a payment was infuriating. 

The other thing is pay and conditions. Some places massively take the piss both with hours, breaks and tips. Having to share your tips with a'body (even managers) makes it very dispiriting. I can't emphasise enough how exhausting hospitality work is. It's why I don't do it anymore. I'm a fit guy, but I'd be too shattered on days off to do anything, couldn't play 5's, golf, running or anything that wasn't sitting on my couch. Any more than 35 hours per week and I'd be an absolute waste of space too. 

So aye, I'm sorry you had a shite experience. Crappy pay and conditions leads to a shite experience for a'body.