Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Was at the 235 in Altes today. Some cafe down Portlethen on Monday. 

I can't even describe what they are apart from "shite".

Portlethen is known as a Weedgie outpost, all the West Coasters that moved up during the Oil boom in the 70's, settled in Portlethen. It's their fault for your shite softie.

Always blame the Weedgies.

Try and find a JG Ross or a Thains. Sadly (or not so sadly in Aitkins case, massive nonce) Aitkins or Chalmers don't seem to be on the go anymore.

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Been living in England for years and years and you get this chat all the time. I don't mind a good slagging, but come on to f**k.

The missus' cretinous step-brother says 'Oooh, lock up your shortbread! HAHAHAHAHAHA!' pretty much every time we visit him.

All the more puzzling when you consider that the English equivalent to pretty much any Scottish thing they like to slag off is much more of a fucking beamer.

For example, next time an English person does their daft impression of ceilidh dancing, ask the c**t how his Morris dancing is.

It's the tight Scotsman stereotype* that gets my goat. Usually from some brexity c**t nursing a half pint of mild, who would run a mile at the prospect of buying a round of drinks. 

*I blame Harry Fucking Lauder

14 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

It's the tight Scotsman stereotype* that gets my goat. Usually from some brexity c**t nursing a half pint of mild, who would run a mile at the prospect of buying a round of drinks. 

*I blame Harry Fucking Lauder

Having lived in 'Ull for a few years back in the 80's as a student and then working in Leeds for a while, I can state with some authority that there's nowt more grippy than a feckin' Yorkshireman.  They make Aberdonians look like Viv Nicholson. (You'll have to look her up, kidz.....)

41 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Having lived in 'Ull for a few years back in the 80's as a student and then working in Leeds for a while, I can state with some authority that there's nowt more grippy than a feckin' Yorkshireman.  They make Aberdonians look like Viv Nicholson. (You'll have to look her up, kidz.....)

I resemble that remark…it is certainly true for a goodly number of them.

53 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I remember seeing the musical about her in Edinburgh years ago.

23 hours ago, TxRover said:

"Chose you're free gift" - Spiked knuckle dusters or a house key knife for f**k sake man. Both would get you fucked over here, mental.

Screenshot_20230209_034904_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

All this chat the 'English' having sly digs about our 'Scottishness'

Best formula I've found is to be waiting the next morning at the kitchen table if they are staying overnight or go and stand ion their doorstep with crate of tartan special and a bag of jellies.

Ask them. If their up for it?

Shitbags the lot!!!

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Probably a weegie as well.

I like your thinking, however I'm classed as a weegie from the teuchers and teucher from the weegies. 

Let's settle this now, what the f**k am I.

1974 - Born in Bellshill

1974-1979 Moddiesburn

1979 -1979 Fife

1979 - 1984 Australia

1984 -1984 Coatbridge

1984 - 1988 - East of Kincardine

1989 - 1990 Cumbernauld

1990 - 1993 Fife

1993 - 1995 Birmingham (or close enough)

1995-1996 - Anstruther

1997 - 2001 - Glenrothes

2001 - 2003 Where anyone has a bed

2004 - travelled......

2008 - Thailand

Edited by SlipperyP

20 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I like your thinking, however I'm classed as a weegie from the teuchers and teucher from the weegies. 

1974 - Born in Bellshill

1974-1979 Moddiesburn

1979 -1979 Fife

1979 - 1984 Australia

1984 -1984 Coatbridge

1989 - 1990 Cumbernauld

1990 - 1993 Fife

1995-1996 - Anstruther

1997 - 2001 - Glenrothes

2004 - travelled......

2008 - Thailand

^^^weegie found

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

:wub: Slippery the Fifer

AS I have spent many great loving time there, also saw many a sad day.

I can't give my self to the Fife community, I don't speak anything like you, ken.

My Ma & Da are buried there, there both weegies,.

44 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

1974 - Born in Bellshill

1974-1979 Moddiesburn

1979 -1979 Fife

1979 - 1984 Australia

1984 -1984 Coatbridge

1989 - 1990 Cumbernauld

1990 - 1993 Fife

1995-1996 - Anstruther

1997 - 2001 - Glenrothes

2004 - travelled......

2008 - Thailand

Going strictly by where you were born, you (fortunately) miss out on the weegie tag by a couple of miles.

ML postcode makes you a Lanarkshire boy, a couple of miles further west to Viewpark with its G postcodes could legitimately have people tagging you with the weegie affliction. Lanarkshire's maybe a bit shit, but it's no' the Weege. Not much of a get out of jail card, but one nonetheless. 

After 15 or so years though, I'd be content with adopted Thai and forget some of the shitholes you were unfortunate enough to reside in here, with the exception of Anstruther. The East Neuk is a fine wee area.