Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

My wife and daughter both have bad colds. I am fine as is my son, but jeezo they don't half complain. I'm the one getting no sleep here due to their coughing, headaches and feeling sick.

Sympathy for me? None. 

She'll need to take a wee holiday away herself to recover.

Family occasion this weekend and my sister has friends visiting from London. 

less than 24 hours in and already had several ‘haha irn bru, haha shortbread, haha tartan’ on many occasions. 

Who teaches them this patter and why do they think it’s funny? 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

less than 24 hours in and already had several ‘haha irn bru, haha shortbread, haha tartan’ on many occasions. 

So you'll no be serving them their afternoon Irn Bru and shortbread on the tartan serving tray then? 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Us, indirectly, I think.

Jusy yesterday there was some English expert on something being interviewed on Radio Scotland Drivetime. At one point the presenter cracked "you know how it is, it's always bad weather up here".

Well no, it isn't, but if even Scots keep saying that kind of thing, how are non Scots going to believe any different?

14 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Us, indirectly, I think.

Jusy yesterday there was some English expert on something being interviewed on Radio Scotland Drivetime. At one point the presenter cracked "you know how it is, it's always bad weather up here".

Well no, it isn't, but if even Scots keep saying that kind of thing, how are non Scots going to believe any different?

That’s probably fair. I was guilty of engaging in a discussion about Arsenal (despite having not watched a single game) and accepting the ‘who would watch Scottish football?’ Reciprocation. 

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Haha, jellied eels, haha cockles, haha child prostitution..

People using the self scan as a team event.

I can understand one scanning, one packing to an extent ( though even that is taking the piss tbh), but when there are others just standing watching, and blocking off the scanners on either side, that’s when boots need allocated to pies.

And yes, of course I meekly said “Excuse me”, then apologised for making them move, but that’s not the fucking point.

46 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

People using the self scan as a team event.

I can understand one scanning, one packing to an extent ( though even that is taking the piss tbh), but when there are others just standing watching, and blocking off the scanners on either side, that’s when boots need allocated to pies.

And yes, of course I meekly said “Excuse me”, then apologised for making them move, but that’s not the fucking point.

This is where a trolly shines…use it as a ersatz battering ram to enforce the lateral confines of a checkout station!