Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, velo army said:

I initially had the same reaction, but the chap has, iirc, lived in Germany for a while and ze Germans say heute morgen which translates directly as today morning.

That's the most generous interpretation I can make for what would otherwise be grounds for a banning.

Not having it, sorry. Living in another country doesn't mean you lose your mother tongue. Any English speaker should recoil at such butchering of the language.

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Haha. That's a horrible clip which has correctly shown the world what a tube McLaren is/was.

In honesty, I find myself saying some English words in an Italian way when speaking Italian to make myself understood, primarily because my Italian is so bad, but never when I'm speaking in English. The most you need to do is slow down and pronounce properly rather than in Scots dialect. 

Edited by jimbaxters

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I thought that when I was in Sicily recently that speaking my few Spanish words with an Italian accent learnt from mafia films might help. It didn't.

You were making them an offer they couldn't understand?

On 31/01/2023 at 10:25, coprolite said:

When i eventually snap it will be in a supermarket. 

Probably as someone comes out of an aisle turning right while looking left. 

On 31/01/2023 at 10:31, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

My top hate in supermarkets is when you make a hard left/right and someone is determined to walk past the 1" gap that is between my trolley and the shelving, I just stand there and stare them out until they f**k off.

I've long thought that people push their trolleys around a supermarket in the same way as they drive their cars.  Badly. 

Tell you what im fucked off with atm.... I bet its been posted on here somewhere too.

This video doing the rounds of a comedian "COMEDIAN DESTROYING THE WOKE STUDENTS" where some guy spraffs a load of utter shit about climate change...

He doesn't "destroy" anything, and im sicj of folk spreading it about saying "I agree with everything he says". He doesn't SAY anything. 

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tell you what im fucked off with atm.... I bet its been posted on here somewhere too.

This video doing the rounds of a comedian "COMEDIAN DESTROYING THE WOKE STUDENTS" where some guy spraffs a load of utter shit about climate change...

He doesn't "destroy" anything, and im sicj of folk spreading it about saying "I agree with everything he says". He doesn't SAY anything. 

Was it Stephen Bartlett off Dragons Den?

Sounds like the kind of thing that Stephen Bartlett charlatan off Dragons Den would do.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I don’t know. He just is. They all are. Especially Peter Jones.

I don’t have time for this.

Deborah Meaden was the best.

Kept asking questions for ages, before never actually investing in anything. Exactly the way I'd expect a P&B Dragon's Den to go

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Deborah Meaden was the best.

Kept asking questions for ages, before never actually investing in anything. Exactly the way I'd expect a P&B Dragon's Den to go

Google tells me she's invested £4,786,000 on the show which I find gobsmacking.