Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

These actor c***s pushing for banks to stop investing in fossil fuels.

They are so blinkered and have no idea what is connected to oil production. Not just the thousands of jobs in the supply chain, but the products they use daily manufactured using byproduct, including electric cars. 

I trust these utter p***ks will never be using planes again?

I would put this in the unpopular opinions thread, however a recent survey said that over 70% of Scots want to keep North Sea oil going.

When did kids start using "wait" at the beginning of every sentence? I noticed my kids have started doing it recently and its annoying as f**k. Might just be an Australian thing but I guarantee they've picked it up from YouTube.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Probably having to avoid a Deliveroo twat going through a red light

Good point. The cyclist getting creamed would be no great loss but some poor bugger is waiting for his pizza.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The uniform of these delivery twats in Aberdeen going up and down Union St seems to be black bike, black clothing, no lights on the bike and bugger the traffic light and not cycling on the pavement,

Bus drivers should be rewarded for thinning and improving the gene pool by wiping a few out.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The lack of lights on these boys (as well as a resolute determination to ride in the gutter) gives me the fear.

Skipping through red lights is laudable cycling behaviour though. 

16 hours ago, johnnydun said:

These actor c***s 

Especially the ones involved in the seemingly endless supply of [insert name]'s Tour of [insert place] TV programmes.

You're* only known from roles in which everything you say has been scripted for you, not from anything that involves your personal opinion.  Why the f*** should I care what you think of the Old Man of Storr or the French Alps?

*the actors, not johnnydun

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Until McDonald's can understand that making a McFlurry takes a fraction of the time it takes to make up mammoth Order 23654786, and that it would be reasonable to make one up between the ten million Big Macs forming just part of it, anyone associated with Deliveroo or Just Eat should be banned from being within 100m of any fast food 'restaurant'.

Eta: also, people who spell McDonald's without the apostrophe.  People who say MACdonald's should go without saying.  Also see Gary Neville saying Scott MACKenna.

Edited by Hedgecutter

11 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Until McDonald's can understand that making a McFlurry takes a fraction of the time it takes to make up mammoth Order 23654786, and that it would be reasonable to make one up between the ten million Big Macs forming just part of it, anyone associated with Deliveroo or Just Eat should be banned from being within 100m of any fast food 'restaurant'.

Eta: also, people who spell McDonald's without the apostrophe.  People who say MACdonald's should go without saying.  Also see Gary Neville saying Scott MACKenna.

A mate of mine has the surname McIntyre but has a personalised number plate with MAC in it.

54 minutes ago, velo army said:

The lack of lights on these boys (as well as a resolute determination to ride in the gutter) gives me the fear.

Skipping through red lights is laudable cycling behaviour though. 

Not only is it the behaviour of OFTW but it is also illegal. 

51 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Put it back on 180 deg from where it is.

Was thinking that, but the sheet metal looks to be too close. The only option would be 90 degrees, which would completely ruin the intuitive open/closed visual, and likely require a little work with a Dremal tool.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Was thinking that, but the sheet metal looks to be too close. The only option would be 90 degrees, which would completely ruin the intuitive open/closed visual, and likely require a little work with a Dremal tool.

Nah, wouldn't work, the slot in the stem wouldn't marry up to the handle unless it was symmetrical 

The other option would be to tighten the whole valve round, but that would put all the connecting pipes out of alignment.

38 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Nah, wouldn't work, the slot in the stem wouldn't marry up to the handle unless it was symmetrical 

The other option would be to tighten the whole valve round, but that would put all the connecting pipes out of alignment.

That’s why some work would be needed… but on that thought, just use a Dremal and nip about a half-inch off the handle…smooth the end and call it done

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

That’s why some work would be needed… but on that thought, just use a Dremal and nip about a half-inch off the handle…smooth the end and call it done

I've told them that the unit is beyond economical repair due to the valve, nah just kidding I left it for the next unsuspecting b*****d.