Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

The water is off in a fair chunk of Glasgow at the moment.

No particularly petty, but when you go on the Scottish Water twitter feed to try and get info, it’s full of people making shite jokes like “We’ll huv tae get oan the beers instead” or “Ah need a shite, when kin ah flush?” and tagging their equally moronic pals to do the same.

Reveal hidden contents

I know, it’s not as if we use it to wash HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH lol

Oh that Glesga patter, wit they like.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The water is off in a fair chunk of Glasgow at the moment.

No particularly petty, but when you go on the Scottish Water twitter feed to try and get info, it’s full of people making shite jokes like “We’ll huv tae get oan the beers instead” or “Ah need a shite, when kin ah flush?” and tagging their equally moronic pals to do the same.

Reveal hidden contents

I know, it’s not as if we use it to wash HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH lol

In a similar way mine has been the Twitter idiots who are making out it’s some kind of human rights catastrophe. I know 3 hours without water isn’t ideal but I think most of them are going to manage not to die of dehydration in that time. 

The water is back on now as well. (At least mine is!)

Edited by Jambomo

16 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Turning the coin though, I had the snip over 20 years ago. Got put under for it (stuff local) and got out that afternoon. Was back at work next day and apart from a few days tenderness it's been brand new. Been skooshing tatty watter, worry free ever since. You'll be fine.

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

People replying to a sentence with a negative in it with a "no" when they actually mean "yes", and should have just replied with "correct".  For example:

"Can you not remember that?"

"No"

"So you can remember it?"

"No, I didn't say that. I said I can't remember it"

"Then why did you say you that you cannot not remember it then?"

... and so on.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

People replying to a sentence with a negative in it with a "no" when they actually mean "yes", and should have just replied with "correct".  For example:

"No"

... and so on.

The questioner in this case is in the wrong, flinging in negatives like sentences were batteries. 

58 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

"No"

... and so on.

Nah, you're in the wrong there.

You shouldn't use Yes with a negative - Yes I can (remember it) or No I can't (remember it) would be the correct answer to the question.

45 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Nah, you're in the wrong there.

You shouldn't use Yes with a negative - Yes I can (remember it) or No I can't (remember it) would be the correct answer to the question.

Tbf, what I meant was that you shouldn't say yes (even though that's what you mean).  Totally with Scottsdad on this one though.  The situation shouldn't be allowed to occur in the first place.

9 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Tbf, what I meant was that you shouldn't say yes (even though that's what you mean).  Totally with Scottsdad on this one though.  The situation shouldn't be allowed to occur in the first place.

He's also wrong though, the negative would be used when you are showing surprise that someone doesn't remember something.

I do this type of s***e all day with Japanese students!

12 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I stopped reading after the 2nd reply was someone asking "Where do we get water in the meantime?"

The public are grim.

I used yo work for Scottish Water, we had an incident that required the water to be turned off for a whole village due to bacterial contamination.

One guy went ballistic demanding why the water wasn't tested for it.  When it was pointed out that the water was indeed checked for bacteria and that was the reason the water had been turned off he said it should have been tested sooner!