Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Have you read the snip thread? 

My experience might make you glad of the delay. 

No I don’t think so? If I knew the waiting list was this long I would have made my decision some time ago, I was 90% certain I didn’t want any more kids after the second one but waited for 2 years to even enquire about it.

16 minutes ago, throbber said:

No I don’t think so? If I knew the waiting list was this long I would have made my decision some time ago, I was 90% certain I didn’t want any more kids after the second one but waited for 2 years to even enquire about it.

Second post down on this page is me - have a gander (the whole thread is excellent). 

@throbber - sorry, this is the original I meant to point to.

On 08/03/2018 at 12:00, scottsdad said:

I got mine in 2014 - I've posted on this thread at the time.  Now for an unhappy update.

In November I woke up one morning feeling like someone had kicked me in the right baw. All day I was in pain and hobbling about. I thought nothing more of it and gobbled down some painkillers. Only the pain didn't go away. After a couple of weeks I went to the doctor. He (and his medical student) examined me, which basically meant they felt my baws for lumps or bumps.  There were none.  Then the doc squeezed on the tubes holding the baw, and I just about hit the roof. 

He diagnosed epididimytis. Now, this comes in 2 forms - chronic or bacterial. Bacterial comes from either chlamydia or E coli, so he started me off on antibiotics and painkillers. 2 weeks later, no change, so he changed the antibiotics to some really powerful ones. Another 2 weeks, and again no change. So it wasn't bacterial Now, he reckons I've got the chronic version.  Things that make it flare up (for me) include driving and ejaculating - that's right. 2 minutes after letting loose I get a feeling like I've been stabbed in the baw. I have to wear "supportive" boxers and sometimes, when it's really agony, sit with a hot water bottle resting on my nuts. 

In talking to the doc, he asked if I'd had a vasectomy. I said yes, and he told me that this sometimes happens - the scar tissue has become inflamed or irritated and hence, all my pain. He's got me on some ultra-low-dose anti-depressant which is supposed to help shut out the pain signals. Been on these for over a month and they have helped a bit. Reading online, this could go away within a few months - but a study done in 2002 interviewed around 100 guys with this condition, and the longest anyone had it for was 27 years. Today I got my prescription refilled, and I'm trying to cut down to 6 co-codamol a day.  It's agony at times - I was about in tears last night. 

I should add that by 2020 this pain had almost completely gone away. I just get the occasional twinge. 

20 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

@throbber - sorry, this is the original I meant to point to.

I should add that by 2020 this pain had almost completely gone away. I just get the occasional twinge. 

Fucking hell, that sounds rough alright. I recently had massive discomfort downstairs when I reacted badly to penicillin so I feel your pain somewhat

Turning the coin though, I had the snip over 20 years ago. Got put under for it (stuff local) and got out that afternoon. Was back at work next day and apart from a few days tenderness it's been brand new. Been skooshing tatty watter, worry free ever since. You'll be fine.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Turning the coin though, I had the snip over 20 years ago. Got put under for it (stuff local) and got out that afternoon. Was back at work next day and apart from a few days tenderness it's been brand new. Been skooshing tatty watter, worry free ever since. You'll be fine.

This for me too (except it was 12 years ago).

Some folk have bad experiences, most are fine.

Edited by Boghead ranter

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Similar experience for me, with a wee trauma added in. Just about to be put under when another surgical team member appeared in the room - a lady that I know socially (not intimately). Well, of course she knows me a bit more intimately now. Almost as embarrassing as last night's football. Almost.

The water is off in a fair chunk of Glasgow at the moment.

No particularly petty, but when you go on the Scottish Water twitter feed to try and get info, it’s full of people making shite jokes like “We’ll huv tae get oan the beers instead” or “Ah need a shite, when kin ah flush?” and tagging their equally moronic pals to do the same.

Spoiler

I know, it’s not as if we use it to wash HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH lol

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The water is off in a fair chunk of Glasgow at the moment.

No particularly petty, but when you go on the Scottish Water twitter feed to try and get info, it’s full of people making shite jokes like “We’ll huv tae get oan the beers instead” or “Ah need a shite, when kin ah flush?” and tagging their equally moronic pals to do the same.

Reveal hidden contents

I know, it’s not as if we use it to wash HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH lol

on of the local papers will have an article up in no time praising the Glasgow patter