Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

In Twins, Danny Devito says to Schwarzenegger, "Money talks and bullshit walks." 

Schwarzenegger replies looking vacant as f**k "How can bullshit walk?"

This was cut to Devito saying "Money talks."

And the camera flicking back and forward between them both looking vacant.

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

If you can't tell then firstly, it doesn't matter, and secondly, you don't deserve to know. 

WTF are you gibbering about?

All good* takeaways mark up the containers.

*Have now downgraded said establishment.

Very openly posted about vapes wrecking me and got one (hail mary(?)) as a present. I've had 3 or 4 puffs and honestly, I'm fucking wrecked again. It's just a normal vape but my head is fuzzy and I feel like I'm stoned AF.

That's straight in the bin. 

Edit : and there's the first spew. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Very openly posted about vapes wrecking me and got one (hail mary(?)) as a present. I've had 3 or 4 puffs and honestly, I'm fucking wrecked again. It's just a normal vape but my head is fuzzy and I feel like I'm stoned AF.

That's straight in the bin. 

Edit : and there's the first spew. 

Bongs and big cigars had that effect on me. A few puffs and I’d be projectile puking everywhere. Last time was 17 years ago. Couldn’t get hold of any ciggies, pub vending machine was empty, miles from any shops so decided to smoke this comedy foot long cigar a pal had brought me from a trip to the Caribbean. Mrs came home to find me hosing the bedroom with high pressure red wine.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Got a houseful of folk, and a houseful of toys for the kids to amuse themselves with.

Nip upstairs for a shite in peace and the doors barely locked before I hear "dad.... dad.... daaaaaad....... DADDY..... DADDY!!!!!"

FFS

Swear filters on US social media sites such as Twitter and Youtube. This site partially censors some words like f**k and c**t. I'm fine with that. US sites, though, apply filters that block comments altogether for having unchristian words in them. Only comments with discriminatory words should be filtered. US puritanism is annoying pseudomorality.

Edited by FreedomFarter

I'm doing some cd ripping to MP3 just now and going through my cd collection. I'm finding that some cds which haven't been played more than maybe once or twice are unplayable and its definately not down to the way I store them or temperature or anything else since I keep them in purpose made cases in a cool room.

Check out this lovely frosting on a To Rococo Rot cd. This is a manufacturing issue which is unusual for a cd from the Domino label. I've also noticed that a number of cds bought around the early 90's have developed a strange gold colour and started to flake around the edges, which looks like the lacquer peeling off.

DSC_0117.thumb.JPG.cf3c7476655da39c2729000e8f4d7ad7.JPG

I'am now also sadly unable to play my cd copy of Trout Mask Replica which was bought around 2000. Gutted.

Edited by approximately dave

4 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

I'm doing some cd ripping to MP3 just now and going through my cd collection. I'm finding that some cds which haven't been played more than maybe once or twice are unplayable and its definately not down to the way I store them or temperature or anything else since I keep them in purpose made cases in a cool room.

Check out this lovely frosting on a To Rocco Rot cd. This is a manufacturing issue which is unusual for a cd from the Domino label. I've also noticed that a number of cds bought around the early 90's have developed a strange gold colour and started to flake around the edges, which looks like the lacquer peeling off.

I'am now also sadly unable to play my cd copy of Trout Mask Replica which was bought around 2000. Gutted.

I really hope that's not what I think it is reflected in the CD

27 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Check out this lovely frosting on a To Rococo Rot cd. This is a manufacturing issue which is unusual for a cd from the Domino label. I've also noticed that a number of cds bought around the early 90's have developed a strange gold colour and started to flake around the edges, which looks like the lacquer peeling off.

unpossible

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

unpossible

I first bought a cd in 1986 and that particular one is still playable with no issues. Like everything else over the years it comes down to cutting costs churning out cheap products and selling them for the same price. The cd in the picture was probably made around 2009 or 2010, not a long time for a cd lifespan. I had another cd by an artist called Delphium who on his bandcamp page decided to gave out free downloads of an album to those who previously bought it on the cd format. The cd manufacturing process f***ed up, the lacquer coating became in a very short time melted and sticky. This was every cd that came from the manufacturer all numbered ltd editions as well all ruined within 5 years of its release. Really decent of him to do that though.

Its absolutely possible to build a car or a washing machine that would last a lifetime with nothing but basic maintenance the owner could carry out to keep it working tip top.