Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On the way out to her work at 7am this morning, my Mrs asked if I could do her a favour and pick up the vacuum cleaner she'd ordered a while back from Currys, which would be ready for collection sometime today. On Christmas Eve, in Dundee's busiest retail park. 

You normally couldn't pay me to go anywhere near there today, but it wasn't a request...

Luckily a text came through at 8:30 saying it was ready to pick up at the store, so being very sensible to beat the rush I headed straight over from Fife before I'd even had breakfast.

Arrived at the store to find that it opens at 10am. Seething. What a ridiculous system.

Edited by Zetterlund

Whichever censor working for ITV4 decided to edit the scene in 'The Cowboys' where the kid with the stutter repeatedly calls John Wayne a son of a bitch..... 

I know, there's bigger fish to fry....... but that had me shouting at the telly.

Edited by IncomingExile

There's a band or bunch of singers called "Pentatonix". 

The missus had a playlist on earlier and I wanted to shoot myself, her and them. Fucking every song they did they utterly butchered with a rusty kitchen knife before bludgeoning it with a mallet. A fucking atrocity of a musical entity and they should be murdered painfully immediately. 

I hate their voices, I hate the way they gleefully mess up songs, I hate their name and I probably would hate their company and their faces. They're a big bag of w**k.

I've hated 90s Airdrie players less. 

Edited by Stellaboz

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

There's a band or bunch of singers called "Pentatonix". 

The missus had a playlist on earlier and I wanted to shoot myself, her and them. Fucking every song they did they utterly butchered with a rusty kitchen knife before bludgeoning it with a mallet. A fucking atrocity of a musical entity and they should be murdered painfully immediately. 

I hate their voices, I hate the way they gleefully mess up songs, I hate their name and I probably would hate their company and their faces. 

I've hated 90s Airdrie players less. 

Console yourself in the knowledge that for every Pentatonix, there's a Ferocious Dog (even if they have gone 'revolving doors line up' lately).  

57 minutes ago, IncomingExile said:

Whichever censor working for ITV4 decided to edit the scene in 'The Cowboys' where the kid with the stutter repeatedly calls John Wayne a son of a bitch..... 

I know, there's bigger fish to fry....... but that had me shouting at the telly.

They're probably still sent edits made for American TV, and they've always been way more puritanical than the censors here. I remember seeing films on TV years ago where words like "damn" or "hell" would be censored to "dang" or "heck". Amusingly, they don't consider "piss" and "w**k" to be curse words over there, possibly because they don't know what the latter means and just think it's a funny word. On Married with Children, Peggy's maiden name was "w****r"  :mellow:

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

They're probably still sent edits made for American TV, and they've always been way more puritanical than the censors here. I remember seeing films on TV years ago where words like "damn" or "hell" would be censored to "dang" or "heck". Amusingly, they don't consider "piss" and "w**k" to be curse words over there, possibly because they don't know what the latter means and just think it's a funny word. On Married with Children, Peggy's maiden name was "w****r"  :mellow:

Years ago I watched The Presidio, listening to Sean Connery being dubbed saying 'Bushwar' instead of bull-shit was toe curling.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Years ago I watched The Presidio, listening to Sean Connery being dubbed saying 'Bushwar' instead of bull-shit was toe curling.

My favourite was always John McClane saying "Yippee-ki-yay, Kimosabe" in an Asian-American voice.

18 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Those god-damned mean puritanical sons of bitches..... Say it faster.  

Edited by IncomingExile

14 hours ago, BFTD said:

My favourite was always John McClane saying "Yippee-ki-yay, Kimosabe" in an Asian-American voice.

The TV version of Scarface has some belters

From "Where did you get that scar tough guy? Eating pussy?"

To

"Where did you get that scar tough guy? Eating Pineapples?"