Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

6 weeks a ago I ordered an outside light from a shop, who said it'll come from the supplier (The Netherlands I think) around first week in December. Checked today and according to the shop it has been dispatched, but in a 30,000 package backlog in the courier's Edinburgh distribution hub.

r/bristol - Filton Royal Mail depo...

See if you can pick yours out of the backlog

8 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

6 weeks a ago I ordered an outside light from a shop, who said it'll come from the supplier (The Netherlands I think) around first week in December. Checked today and according to the shop it has been dispatched, but in a 30,000 package backlog in the courier's Edinburgh distribution hub.

Was it just one, or did you order two lights from Amsterdam?

11 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Raiders.jpg

20 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Bought a 5 litre bottle of screenwash and put it in the boot of my car. At some point it fell on its side and 4/5 of it has spilled out. 

The boot and the back seats are soaking, and it smells awful. 

Was convinced that was going to be a maths problem there.

1 hour ago, HK Hibee said:

People who stop before getting on an escalator causing everyone else to back up behind them. Twats. 

Also the folk who stop at the top of them.

And folk who stop in shop doorways.

I always call them fucking idiots as I barge past them.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

They should get the lift and get out the way of important people. 

“That’s a fair point.”

I’ve put that in inverted commas as it’s the last words you will hear as I slice your carotid artery in a dark passageway a few minutes after you’ve barged past me at the bottom of an elevator.

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’ve put that in inverted commas as it’s the last words you will hear as I slice your carotid artery in a dark passageway a few minutes after you’ve barged past me at the bottom of an elevator.

Unless you have specific medical training, there is no guarantee of hitting the target if you are in "a dark passageway...."

TL;DR - Feck off with your pish, Granny........................................:bounce2

Far from petty really, but Virgin Money not letting me sign in online without downloading an app that doesn't allow me to type anything into the 'enter username' data entry box.  Basic, basic function, Shirley?  Changing the app settings / permissions makes absolutely f*** all difference. 

Anyway, what if I'm somewhere where my mobile can't receive calls (e.g. working offshore), which seems to be the only option.  At least my personal bank has an alternative option route.  I suppose I could always phone their support team who... oh, wait.  It's after 6pm when evidently nobody needs money, so all the lines are closed.  Absolute tinpot outfit, but maybe that's what one gets when you end with a bank that flies planes.  F*** you Branson. 

Have just got an air fryer and have been looking on YouTube, Instagram and tiktok for recipe ideas.

I will not follow anyone who quotes the temperature used in Fahrenheit only. Stop living in the dark ages and give a Celsius conversion for those in the other 190-odd countries in the world.

Edited by Arch Stanton

35 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Have just got an air fryer and have been looking on YouTube, Instagram and tiktok for recipe ideas.

I will not follow anyone who quotes the temperature used in Fahrenheit only. Stop living in the dark ages and give a Celsius conversion for those in the other 190-odd countries in the world.

Never mind recipes, just stick some sausages in there. Lovely, especially Asda ones for some reason. 10 minutes, caramelised gorgeousness.

16 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Never mind recipes, just stick some sausages in there. Lovely, especially Asda ones for some reason. 10 minutes, caramelised gorgeousness.

I have to agree, sausages are fantastic in an air fryer. Don't know about ASDA ones, we normally get Buffalo Farm ones from the local shop, absolutely superb. Also pakora, scampi, steak pies (if they fit in) or anything of that ilk.

38 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

It was the 2nd thing I made, a pack of Aldi "Finest" (or whatever) Caramelised Onion Pork Sausages. 200°C, 5 minutes, turned them over and another 4 minutes. Sliced down in the middle, bread, butter and HP Sauce.

Lovely.