Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I'm absolutely paranoid about that dry socket. This morning when I woke up there was a bit of congealed blood around the hole which came loose and I'm paranoid that that was the clot that has been dislodged.

Cocodamol (sp?) Is the answer if you get it, those pills are the bollocks.

12 hours ago, GordonD said:

Quite right too, as Brechin isn't one. They should change their name to Brechin Town.

It is. It has a cathedral like Elgin and thus qualifies as a city in the original sense.

But that would be an ecumenical matter.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Cocodamol (sp?) Is the answer if you get it, those pills are the bollocks.

I got prescribed those bad boys when I had cellulitis

I was feeling fed up and had a small gin on top of the cocodamol... Certainly relaxed me ..

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

I'll be honest boys, I'm in absolute agony here.

I got a molar (it was mostly filling to be fair) pulled last Friday and my mouth has only settled down now 

The other b*****ds came out in pain in support of their fallen brother at one point. Apparently this is common.

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

I got prescribed those bad boys when I had cellulitis

I was feeling fed up and had a small gin on top of the cocodamol... Certainly relaxed me ..

Cellulitis ,scary as f**k ,had it on my ankle a few years ago ,sent home from hospital twice ,when I was finally admitted had to sign for the amputation ,thank god it didn't come to that

2 minutes ago, dagane said:

Cellulitis ,scary as f**k ,had it on my ankle a few years ago ,sent home from hospital twice ,when I was finally admitted had to sign for the amputation ,thank god it didn't come to that

As I've said elsewhere I had a tumour removed from my leg at the end of September. Still looks as if I was bitten by a shark and now I've to go for radiotherapy in the New Year. Every weekday for a month.

11 minutes ago, GordonD said:

As I've said elsewhere I had a tumour removed from my leg at the end of September. Still looks as if I was bitten by a shark and now I've to go for radiotherapy in the New Year. Every weekday for a month.

Wish you all the best sir,stay healthy

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

These 'Kerry wheechit' folks were cunning in staircase construction.

My ancestors: The curious case of the left-handed Kerrs – The Lance (lhslance.org)

'Corrie jookit', shoorely ?

Aye, The Kerrs.........a great bunch o' lads.....................

9 hours ago, GordonD said:

It's a bit tiring but nothing to worry about. I can't imagine there would be any prep required so you should probably be in and out in about 20 minutes, provided you're taken on time.

My radiotherapy involved prep and it was well over an hour before I could get away. The actual radiotherapy took about 5 minutes.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

It's a bit tiring but nothing to worry about. I can't imagine there would be any prep required so you should probably be in and out in about 20 minutes, provided you're taken on time.

My radiotherapy involved prep and it was well over an hour before I could get away. The actual radiotherapy took about 5 minutes.

Thanks for the reassurance. When they mentioned it I had visions of hair loss and throwing up all the time but that's chemotherapy. They did tell me the possible side-effects which included feeling tired. Because it's my leg they have to make a sort of cast first to make sure it's in the same position every time but after that it should be quick enough as you say. (No, Kenneth, not appropriate!)