Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Which one, the old boy that sits at the drum kit, or Leo that dances?

If you're lucky enough to visit the city at the right time, I think they've been known to occasionally collaborate for the enjoyment of the more discerning music lovers. A true audio-visual spectacular.

I know it's been mentioned before, but shifting stuff on Gumtree. We tried to sell a chair at £50 last week, no takers. We just need rid, so listed it as a 'freebie' today, collection only.

Enq 1, pretty much right away, "is it still available?". Immediate answer "yes, are you interested?". Still waiting for a response, so answered Enq 2.

Enq 2 - "will it fit in a car?" "Yeah, anything medium size or bigger, with the back seat down" "Ok, I'll collect between 430 and 5 today"

So I park Enqs 3 & 4 meantime.

Enq 2, 3.50pm. "I'm not coming today after all".

Message Enq 3 to let them know it's available.  "How much is it?" "It's listed as free".... still waiting, so go to Enq 4.

Enq 4 " I can come tomorrow "

I feel really crappy with the tactic, but I reckon next time I'm getting rid, I'll list the item as "First person to actually show up at my door gets it" FFS

Edited by Boghead ranter

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I know it's been mentioned before, but shifting stuff on Gumtree. We tried to sell a chair at £50 last week, no takers. We just need rid, so listed it as a 'freebie' today, collection only.

Enq 1, pretty much right away, "is it still available?". Immediate answer "yes, are you interested?". Still waiting for a response, so answered Enq 2.

Enq 2 - "will it fit in a car?" "Yeah, anything medium size or bigger, with the back seat down" "Ok, I'll collect between 430 and 5 today"

Message Enq 3 to let them know it's available.  "How much is it?" "It's listed as free".... still waiting, so go to Enq 4.

I feel really crappy with the tactic, but I reckon next time I'm getting rid, I'll list the item as "First person to actually show up at my door gets it" FFS

Leave it outside on the pavement with a note reading "do not take"

It'll be gone in the morning 

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Did you manage to remove the pish stains? 

4 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Get them to battle for it in your front garden. 

Mind film it for the YouTube 👍

On 03/12/2022 at 19:59, Todd_is_God said:

People plastering Elf on the Shelf all over social media as if anyone not their child actually cares about their shite japes.

Begs the question - are they doing it for their kids entertainment or for themselves?

@KnightswoodBear ?

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Leave it outside on the pavement with a note reading "do not take"

It'll be gone in the morning 

No, no. You have to put a fifty quid price tag on it. It'll be away before you get back in the house.