Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Mainly babe or hunni now. In my experience.

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Hopefully Babe, followed by 'Have you seen the film?' 

Can't stand it when randoms call me 'Darling'.  I suspect it might be a Weegie thing.

8 hours ago, Eednud said:

Eh ken but do wifeys serving in shops still address boys and men as hen? (Ie What would ye like hen? That’ll be fehve pounds hen.)

This is proof positive that the right coast is the wrong coast.  You call your men 'hen' and your kitchen worktops 'bunkers'?

Time to set Dundee adrift.

If he's to be taken seriously, Oaksoft must genuinely be the most miserable person alive.

Well off, retired, and frothing daily about absolutely nothing on the internet.

17 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Can't stand it when randoms call me 'Darling'.  I suspect it might be a Weegie thing.

Bird at work calls me darlin' all the time - fucking sure I'd be pulled up if I went around calling birds darlin'.

Or indeed 'birds'. 

Edited by paranoid android

9 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Asked for a half day at work today because we're quiet this afternoon and was denied.

One of my colleagues has just been told she can have the half day. Not sure why I was denied since I asked before she did.

I have half an idea why this might be the case...

Fancied some cheese on toast, so thought I would use bread knife on a crusty loaf.

Sadly, because the crust was hard, the bread knife slipped and sliced open the top of my left index finger - which then started bleeding quite impressively.

Mad Angry Fist GIF by Mashed

Its now stopped, got Savlon and a plaster on, but the real PTTGOYN for me are - 

• I cannae use the fingerprint scanner on the phone as easily as thats "the favoured finger"
  • I was going to spend some time doing some guitar licks this afternoon - thats totally fucking kyboshed now.
  • It takes me 3 times as long to type this pish out (which may be a blessing for the rest of P&B)

'5G makes my phone pretty worthless' - BBC News

In a weird way, a rock gig first led me to question the UK's 5G provision.

I was at a sold-out concert at London's O2 arena, had 5G reception on my phone but was unable to share the moment on social media.

I hope your point here is "LEAVE IT IN YOUR FUCKING POCKET FOR 5 MINUTES THEN, YOU p***k"

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I hope your point here is "LEAVE IT IN YOUR FUCKING POCKET FOR 5 MINUTES THEN, YOU p***k"

I am a big fan of people taking videos at gigs. There are countless hours of footage of bands on YouTube I would never have seen otherwise. Many more countless hours of other bands/artists I don't listen to, I'm sure. Considering how hard it would have been to record stuff from even pre-2010, never mind record stuff that was actually still worth watching, I'm amazed at the amount there is. I'm all for this sort of thing now, provided people who do it are using equipment that makes it worthwhile and provided they don't interfere with the view/experience of other people there. If you're in a good position it's very easy to record a worthwhile video and still enjoy the performance the way you would.

I also understand that article (I didn't read beyond the lines I quoted because I could feel a Falling Down moment coming on) is skewed towards a specific perspective, and the decline in standards of BBC online articles over the past few years contributes to the somewhat loaded introduction.

However.

If that is even remotely close to an accurate, sincere anecdote or recollection of an evening then the person responsible for it should be put in solitary confinement with no stimuli at all until they've learned the error of their ways. Then left for about another decade to serve as a warning to anyone else who takes that attitude with them into the world.

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Fancied some cheese on toast, so thought I would use bread knife on a crusty loaf.

Sadly, because the crust was hard, the bread knife slipped and sliced open the top of my left index finger - which then started bleeding quite impressively.

Mad Angry Fist GIF by Mashed

Its now stopped, got Savlon and a plaster on, but the real PTTGOYN for me are - 

• I cannae use the fingerprint scanner on the phone as easily as thats "the favoured finger"
  • I was going to spend some time doing some guitar licks this afternoon - thats totally fucking kyboshed now.
  • It takes me 3 times as long to type this pish out (which may be a blessing for the rest of P&B)

You have a shite bread knife.