Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

22 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
23 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:
Families/friends walking 4 abreast through a busy railway station isn't going to cause folk to get fucking annoyed with you.

Nowhere near as annoying as when the oblivious fuckers decide to stop dead.

See old wifeys at the entrance to any shop. All seem to think it's the ideal place to stand and chat shite.

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

They hide the hand they use to catch sneezes, seminal fluid, bogies; the same hand they use to wipe down the plates before bringing them out. 

In case anyone's feeling disgusted by that, don't panic - they've likely already sneezed or spunked directly on to your food anyway, so it doesn't matter.

31 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

See old wifeys at the entrance to any shop. All seem to think it's the ideal place to stand and chat shite.

Not restricted to old wifeys. The general population's complete lack of physical awareness is alarming.

They need to teach these things in school. Looking Around Before Moving Studies, Walking in Single File on Pavements Theory, Advanced Not Rushing Out of Shop Doorways 101, The Pair of You Are Massively Obese and, Between You and Your Trollies, You've Cordoned Off The Entire Aisle in the Supermarket While You Discuss That Bitch Karen on the PTA...erm...Tutorial.

Adults should have to go back to school and pass the exams before they're allowed out in public.

I have to admit that I use 'wifey' quite often*, but find 'hubby' annoying.  This situation shall undoubtedly disgruntle others.  That said, I use wifey as a general term for any woman, not specifically one's wife. 
*I've been NE-ified

And how do your neighbors and your actual wifey feel about this use?

Suppose it’s better than my grans second husband who once described Sharon Stone as “that bint aff the tele”

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

They need to teach these things in school. Looking Around Before Moving Studies, Walking in Single File on Pavements Theory, Advanced Not Rushing Out of Shop Doorways 101, The Pair of You Are Massively Obese and, Between You and Your Trollies, You've Cordoned Off The Entire Aisle in the Supermarket While You Discuss That Bitch Karen on the PTA...erm...Tutorial.

Also Not Texting While You're Walking So Not Looking Where You're Going

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

You'd think walking face-first into a lamppost would be all the lesson people would need, but apparently not.

Families/friends walking 4 abreast through a busy railway station isn't going to cause folk to get fucking annoyed with you.

Hope Street is a fucking nightmare for this. I started walking to work a longer way because it actually worked out faster than dodging people and it was 100 times less stressful.

See also people doing the same in pubs, don’t stop for a chat on the stairs, or on the way to the toilet, or right outside the door, you’re getting in absolutely everyone’s way.

On 29/11/2022 at 17:29, The Golden God said:

Travel vloggers - entitled, invasive, whinging c***s.

Seen one on YouTube recently where a guy is going from Germany to Dubai first class and is acting like the crew shagged his ma because one guys English wasn’t great. You’re shoving a camera in their face for 8 hours while they do their job, of course it’s not going to be perfect. The title is always something like “American Airlines are a disgrace” and then the reason is that they’ve changed the type of champagne they use. They also claim that it’s just an honest review and “I hate to complain” as if every traveller is going to cut about filming the entire journey. You’re annoying absolutely everyone around you, imagine sitting on the train and some guy is chatting to a camera the entire time and walking up and down the aisle, you’d tell them to f**k off. I’d say they’re easily worse than football vloggers.

Been watching a few of these recently. (Research for a trip home early next year). They do have their uses.

Anyhow what I've noticed is that most of these guys actually use points to pay for the flights, which makes the entitled attitude all the more galling.

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I have to admit that I use 'wifey' quite often*, but find 'hubby' annoying.  This situation shall undoubtedly disgruntle others.  That said, I use wifey as a general term for any woman, not specifically one's wife. 

*I've been NE-ified

For us Dundonians, we never use "wifey" to describe our wives - "wifey" is a term for all woman just as you say. 

49 minutes ago, hk blues said:

For us Dundonians, we never use "wifey" to describe our wives - "wifey" is a term for all woman just as you say. 

Eh ken but do wifeys serving in shops still address boys and men as hen? (Ie What would ye like hen? That’ll be fehve pounds hen.)

7 hours ago, The Golden God said:

See also people doing the same in pubs, don’t stop for a chat on the stairs, or on the way to the toilet, or right outside the door, you’re getting in absolutely everyone’s way.

See also: smokers

13 hours ago, GordonD said:

Have to admit that this provides me with a source of entertainment when bored walking, as I'll play the 'see how close they can get to you before noticing' game.

9 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Eh ken but do wifeys serving in shops still address boys and men as hen? (Ie What would ye like hen? That’ll be fehve pounds hen.)

Eh dinna ken.  

I moved from Dundee back in 1995 and have only been back a couple of times since.  

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Mainly babe or hunni now. In my experience.

Edited by Mr. Alli

Hope Street is a fucking nightmare for this. I started walking to work a longer way because it actually worked out faster than dodging people and it was 100 times less stressful.

Istanbul is the worst for this, especially in Kadikoy. I've had policeman absent-mindedly walk into me there.

Italians are notorious for doorway chatting, then have the gall to act like they're the wronged party when you ask them to move.