Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Paying a small fortune for first class flights only be stuck next to one of these c***s would be some laugh.

I have never flown anything other than standard class in my life. 

Then again I only do Easyjet, Ryanair and stuff. It gets you from A to B. At least it has so far. 

Then again I only do Easyjet, Ryanair and stuff. It gets you from A to B. At least it has so far. 

I do fly budget, but quite often they don't fly the A to B that I'm after, or if they do the extra few quid to fly Lufthansa, KLM or whomever is worth it for the better flight times, generally better behaved passengers, and lack of stewards trying to flog you scratchcards.

21 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I do fly budget, but quite often they don't fly the A to B that I'm after, or if they do the extra few quid to fly Lufthansa, KLM or whomever is worth it for the better flight times, generally better behaved passengers, and lack of stewards trying to flog you scratchcards.

And no extra charge for carrying a reasonably sized cabin bag. The cost after addons is often about the same.

2 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I have never flown anything other than standard class in my life. 

To be fair, Ryanair usually get you from A to C then bus you to B.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

And no extra charge for carrying a reasonably sized cabin bag. The cost after addons is often about the same.

Tbf, I flew out with EasyJet very recently and it only cost me £20 extra to add on a large cabin bag (on top of the small one; collectively a check-in bags worth), with which comes extra leg space (a nice way of saying "you're paying extra to be responsible for the emergency exit row"), but still significantly cheaper than the alternative options with the non-budget airlines.

£20 very well spent too, at least when it involves anything over 2hrs in duration.

Eta: this was all because of the seed you planted in my head about Seville btw, cheers 😉.  Ended up flying EasyJet from Edinburgh to Gibraltar (three nights in La Linea), and have gradually worked my way north via Cadiz (couple of nights there) and am on night 3 of 4 in Seville.  Barely a cloud in the sky the entire trip, except from one morning in Gibraltar, which comes with it being British territory I guess.

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Tbf, I flew out with EasyJet very recently and it only cost me £20 extra to add on a large cabin bag (on top of the small one; collectively a check-in bags worth), with which comes extra leg space (a nice way of saying "you're paying extra to be responsible for the emergency exit row"), but still significantly cheaper than the alternative options with the non-budget airlines.

£20 very well spent too, at least when it involves anything over 2hrs in duration.

Eta: this was all because of the seed you planted in my head about Seville btw, cheers 😉.  Ended up flying EasyJet from Edinburgh to Gibraltar (three nights in La Linea), and have gradually worked my way north via Cadiz (couple of nights there) and am on night 3 of 4 in Seville.  Barely a cloud in the sky the entire trip, except from one morning in Gibraltar, which comes with it being British territory I guess.

I used to like EasyJet but the cnuts cancelled my flight in May so they can feck off 

17 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
25 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:
The word "holibobs"
It wouldn't be unreasonable to give anyone caught saying it out loud the bamboo torture treatment.

See also "crimbo", usually heard emanating from the same women who go on about their "hubby".

My wifey does that

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

My wifey does that

I have to admit that I use 'wifey' quite often*, but find 'hubby' annoying.  This situation shall undoubtedly disgruntle others.  That said, I use wifey as a general term for any woman, not specifically one's wife. 

*I've been NE-ified

23 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I have to admit that I use 'wifey' quite often…I use wifey as a general term for any woman, not specifically one's wife. 

And how do your neighbors and your actual wifey feel about this use?