Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

When you ask the most basic of phrases in a foreign language in a manner that that strongly suggests that you're absolutely rank at the language in question, and the person on the recieving end fires back a hundred words in quickfire fashion, as if they assume that you're a fluent speaking despite all the linguistic warning flags at play.

I got B at Higher French but didn't speak it for years. Went to buy a train ticket in Paris and asked for one in fairly basic French and the ticket seller rattled off what I presume were all the permutations in reply. Me "Ahh ..oui"

Mind you it's amusing at Festival time when tourists get on the bus and ask the driver something in basic English only to get a full reply in basic Leithese 

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I got B at Higher French but didn't speak it for years. Went to buy a train ticket in Paris and asked for one in fairly basic French and the ticket seller rattled off what I presume were all the permutations in reply. Me...

oui-bill-murray.gif.1747bbfab51342fd250daac5bb0e2176.gif

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

City Fibre are currently installing cables in our area. The useless fuckers have managed to cut through the Virgin cables leaving us with no TV or Internet.

Hopefully they're around that Florentin Pogens bit next..

30 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Annual rage about car insurance time.

Policy cost last year -£330.

Number of claims in the year - 0.

Policy renewal quote this year - £540

I think I need to start my own insurance company.

Angryarab.com

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Mine's dropped by about a hundred, try NFU. 

Edited by welshbairn

I am sure I am on death's door. This illness will be the end of me. Think well of me. 

The wife says it is just a wee cold and I am man fluing it. Not even a cold, just a runny nose and a bit of sneezing. 

Can't wait to see the look on her face when I wake up dead tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I am sure I am on death's door. This illness will be the end of me. Think well of me. 

The wife says it is just a wee cold and I am man fluing it. Not even a cold, just a runny nose and a bit of sneezing. 

Can't wait to see the look on her face when I wake up dead tomorrow. 

I've had it since Thursday, didn't even have the energy to get up an switch my mouse mover on. Called in sick for the first time in years. Better now, but still not right. I'll  be making a late decision tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've had it since Thursday, didn't even have the energy to get up an switch my mouse mover on. Called in sick for the first time in years. Better now, but still not right. I'll  be making a late decision tomorrow.

Thoughts & Prayers.................................

I'm with a company called Darwin. They quoted me less than I was paying the year before. I could have got it for slightly less if I switched but stayed with them purely because they gave me a better deal without me needing to ask.

RTBC is that Sky upped my Broadband to £35 and when I threatened to leave (though I absolutely would have left) they put it down to £24. Even though I was previously paying £27. Mental.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

When you bought it last year it was when the new business price was being subsidised by renewals. Now the renewal price can’t exceed the equivalent new business price, so prices go up for those in the early years of their policy, because companies can no longer rip the piss out of the long tenured customers (a good thing). Realistically, you paid less than the fair price for your risk last year, rather than this year being a piss take. 

56 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm with a company called Darwin. They quoted me less than I was paying the year before. I could have got it for slightly less if I switched but stayed with them purely because they gave me a better deal without me needing to ask.

RTBC is that Sky upped my Broadband to £35 and when I threatened to leave (though I absolutely would have left) they put it down to £24. Even though I was previously paying £27. Mental.

Darwin is just Direct Line with a different name. 

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Christ, I wish…for a year I’ll be at about $1,600…that’s what a teen driver does to you.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

And, damn…I just got hooked up at $69.99 for a pitiful 500MB connection…

Don’t get me started about homeowners!