Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's fucking awful to remove but in its defence it seems to last forever. I suppose that was a big draw for folk on a budget.

We had woodchip on our ceilings when we moved in 6 years ago and I told the Mrs if she wanted it removed she was on her own. It's still there and in the same condition it was when we moved in (we did paint it).

f**k removing it, when I done my ceiling I put a heavy embossed paper up over it 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's fucking awful to remove but in its defence it seems to last forever. I suppose that was a big draw for folk on a budget.

We had woodchip on our ceilings when we moved in 6 years ago and I told the Mrs if she wanted it removed she was on her own. It's still there and in the same condition it was when we moved in (we did paint it).

Two walls done. Took all afternoon. I've a rather lovely 70's stone unit to take apart as well.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I used to know a girl who had woodchip on the wall. Her name was Deborah. Lovely lass, but when I came round to call she didn't notice me at all.

I similar joke to someone yesterday and they didn't get it 😔

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Slammed the car door on my thumb 

Drove back home going "f*cking ouch" all the way.

Any reason why you had to wait until you got home before opening the door again?

5 minutes ago, michakamp said:

I have very annoying feet cramps at night. No idea how to get rid of those

Years ago I had terrible calf cramps during the night, to the point that I was hobbling about all day afterwards.

I'd swapped to a salt substitute on my food because there was so much about the dangers of a high salt diet going around, and gave myself a sodium deficiency as a result, one of the symptoms of which can be muscle cramps. Swapped back to proper salt and they went away.

55 minutes ago, michakamp said:

I have very annoying feet cramps at night. No idea how to get rid of those

Magnesium supplement will sort that out in 24 hours. If you do a lot of walking about at work then your arches could be weak too, so some gentle arch strengthening exercises could work if that's the cause. Massaging your own feet works a treat too (unless you have someone in the hoose who can do this for you).

12 hours ago, BFTD said:

Any reason why you had to wait until you got home before opening the door again?

Years ago I had terrible calf cramps during the night, to the point that I was hobbling about all day afterwards.

I'd swapped to a salt substitute on my food because there was so much about the dangers of a high salt diet going around, and gave myself a sodium deficiency as a result, one of the symptoms of which can be muscle cramps. Swapped back to proper salt and they went away.

Maybe take it to a vet?

13 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I am taking yet another allergic reaction,not a really bad one but bloody annoying.

This was my worse one a few years back.

Screenshot_20221119_215715_Photos.jpg

Don't like the look of that. My sympathies.

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Mcdonald's have new cardboard cutlery. Useless. Managed to snap a fork eating pancakes. 

Thank you so much for inserting a new synonym for erectile dysfunction into our language. The Prof will be along soon to take credit for it & have 4 weeks paid holiday because the Prof.