Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

More "Things that absolutely boil your piss" than PTTGOYN:

Do G.P surgeries actually do anything anymore? 

A month or so ago, I got a pretty bad eye infection.  Filled in the online consultation form, attached photos and sent it off to the surgery, only to be called a few hours later to be told by one of the harridans that work there that they don't deal with eye problems and I need to go to the optician.

Filled one in today for my son who has something going on on his tongue, white marks and ulcers down one side, only to be told that he needs to see the dentist.  This is despite the doctor prescribing cream for the same thing about a year ago. 

It was hard enough seeing a doctor pre-COVID but now they just seem have decided to palm every c**t off onto someone else.

edit to add:  I actually like the online forms that you fill in now, as you generally get an answer from them pretty quickly, but when the answer is invariably "f**k off and bother someone else" it sort of takes the shine off it.

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

33 minutes ago, jagtastic said:

Folk who suddenly and blindly 180° with their shopping trolley in the middle of the aisle . Also applicable to prams in any busy public area.

Agree. Proficiency tests should be required before people are allowed to operate these machines. At the very least, a basic understanding of hand signals.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

More "Things that absolutely boil your piss" than PTTGOYN:

Do G.P surgeries actually do anything anymore? 

A month or so ago, I got a pretty bad eye infection.  Filled in the online consultation form, attached photos and sent it off to the surgery, only to be called a few hours later to be told by one of the harridans that work there that they don't deal with eye problems and I need to go to the optician.

Filled one in today for my son who has something going on on his tongue, white marks and ulcers down one side, only to be told that he needs to see the dentist.  This is despite the doctor prescribing cream for the same thing about a year ago. 

It was hard enough seeing a doctor pre-COVID but now they just seem have decided to palm every c**t off onto someone else.

edit to add:  I actually like the online forms that you fill in now, as you generally get an answer from them pretty quickly, but when the answer is invariably "f**k off and bother someone else" it sort of takes the shine off it.

It's beyond a joke now. At our surgery, if you're one of the very lucky few to actually get an appointment access is on a one in, one out basis. The receptionist is behind a screen wearing a mask and you have to sanitise your hands and mask up too on entering. This all becomes a bit of a sham half an hour later when you're standing next to her, both mask free, in the shop about 50 yards down the street.

I've basically done nothing today at work. I've now, half an hour before I finish been sent a 'course' that will take two hours to complete so I can attend a job tomorrow.

Failure to so will result in me having to go to a fucking terrible job I've been avoiding (in Elgin).

I'll get paid for the time doing the 'course' but I've literally had a free day all day and not once did office think of sending this to me to do in the van.

2 hours ago, jagtastic said:

Folk who suddenly and blindly 180° with their shopping trolley in the middle of the aisle. Also applicable to prams in any busy public area.

That's usually me just remembering that I've forgotten something.

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Having a raggedy nail and no access to a nail file. Hate biting my nails so end up trying to file it on anything remotely abrasive like my trousers. The thing has an amazing ability to catch on anything.

Put your finger in the toaster and burn it off.

On 26/10/2022 at 18:00, The_Kincardine said:

It's the ring-pull generation wot has destroyed Britain.

Back in the day you opened  a tin of beans from both ends and used a can opener on both sides of a can of beer.  Thus no beans were left uneaten and  no beer had to froth up in the glass as it was allowed to pour with the appropriate amount of  air.

Plus you paid about 25p for 20 Embassy Regal.

Not sure if you're taking the piss here, but no-one has ever had to open a can of beans, or anything else, from both ends.

And 5/-.

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've basically done nothing today at work. I've now, half an hour before I finish been sent a 'course' that will take two hours to complete so I can attend a job tomorrow.

Failure to so will result in me having to go to a fucking terrible job I've been avoiding (in Elgin).

I'll get paid for the time doing the 'course' but I've literally had a free day all day and not once did office think of sending this to me to do in the van.

So the hitman is visiting IV30.

Spoiler

48883E39-351F-4589-BF68-111D24A122FC.thumb.jpeg.e7816d0c89a14a2fca41022a8800586f.jpeg

44 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure if you're taking the piss here, but no-one has ever had to open a can of beans, or anything else, from both ends.

My mum used to do that so she could flatten the empty tin - it took up less space in the bin.