Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Along the same lines, the obviously put-on over reactions on Gogglebox. The wide eyed scream or roar at a tense or frightening moment is OTT and cringey.

Mrs Khaki does something similar and every bit as annoying with horror movies. I CBA with them, but I'll sit with her through one or two for the sake of peace and quiet. If it's a movie or a scene I've already seen, I'll even warn her 'jump scare coming up right now' and yet still she does a 'loony toons' like jump out of her seat and exaggerated screech. I've actually seen her go and bury her head in a blanket so that she can't actually see a scene she finds particularly creepy. She has no answer when I ask her why she knowingly puts these things on when she's just going to refuse to watch half of it, and why she still shits herself at jumpscares even when they are entirely predictable. I just find it baffling, but f**k knows what goes on in their heads sometimes.

28 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Mrs Khaki does something similar and every bit as annoying with horror movies. I CBA with them, but I'll sit with her through one or two for the sake of peace and quiet. If it's a movie or a scene I've already seen, I'll even warn her 'jump scare coming up right now' and yet still she does a 'loony toons' like jump out of her seat and exaggerated screech. I've actually seen her go and bury her head in a blanket so that she can't actually see a scene she finds particularly creepy. She has no answer when I ask her why she knowingly puts these things on when she's just going to refuse to watch half of it, and why she still shits herself at jumpscares even when they are entirely predictable. I just find it baffling, but f**k knows what goes on in their heads sometimes.

She was obviously the runt of the litter and now suffers from 'Look at me, look at me everybody' syndrome.

4 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

He ain't no Franco Baresi.

He was no John Burridge.

My PTTGOYN: the number of people on eBay who can't spell their address or, in some cases, their own name. Never sure if it's an illiteracy thing, or if they entered their details via application of face to keyboard.

Gogglebox enjoyment goes in and down depending on which families are showing at any given time.

For example, the older Welsh couple make me laugh, as do Jenny/Lee in the caravan. I quite enjoy the grumpy guy who owns the Rottweilers too.

Alternatively, the 2 fat Leeds lassies make me want to rip my TV off the wall and launch it out the window. Their accents grate.

Gogglebox enjoyment goes in and down depending on which families are showing at any given time.
For example, the older Welsh couple make me laugh, as do Jenny/Lee in the caravan. I quite enjoy the grumpy guy who owns the Rottweilers too.
Alternatively, the 2 fat Leeds lassies make me want to rip my TV off the wall and launch it out the window. Their accents grate.

It's the lassies from County Durham that piss me off. The red head is particularly irritating (though a wid). I refuse to believe people can be as thick as her.
Gogglebox used to be amusing. Then I realised that it was just a mechanism for pushing , first, TV shows and, later, streaming services. 
"This week, on Apple TV..." 
f**k off. Nobody watches this pish. 

I don't mind that part of it tbh. I have watched a couple of programmes as a result of them being advertised on Gogglebox that I otherwise would never have went near.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

I'll bet this pair are into S&M

See the source image

On 16/10/2022 at 21:23, Amarillo Bairn said:

Thanks mate, more gutted that I succumbed on a whim yesterday to have a pint,and thinking I could just have 1 or 2, was steaming before I knew it after having about 8,
Soberity started again today, I also went to AA meetings but they weren't for me, awful lot of judgemental folk there and the wee prayer they say at the end was enough for me not to go back,

Won't try to give too much advice as I don't fully know your situation.  Been totally dry since 2014, I was never dependent but like Richie said, one or two always turns into a sesh and you end up black out drunk having made a c**t of yourself, or worse. that was my reason for stopping.  I was 25 at the time so it completely turned my social life on its head, nowadays less so but it's still shite not being able to go for a pint. 

If you had been sober for 2 years then the good thing for you is that you are definitely not dependent therefore you can stop right away without any external help. 

Perhaps I could offer a couple of things that helped me get to where I am (no support groups)

Best thing I heard was; You have to make a decision whilst sober to have your first drink. if you can manage to stay strong with that then everything else will fall into place. alcohol takes away your inhibitions. 3 pints might not be enough to get you pished but it is enough to make you change your mind about only having 3 pints.  Also, when deciding it had to be absolute zero, I technically could manage limiting drink to 1 or 2 pints on occasions BUT I knew that if I tried this as a rule going forward then it would fail. If you only have 1 or 2 then you are still a drinker, you can easily end up talking yourself into making an exception to the 2 pint limit for special occasions and the like. As soon as you do that the games up & you'll be back to bevying like never before

I followed Kevin O'hara who has a youtube and blog called alcohol mastery. no god bothering shite, just straight up advice. after couple months I didn't even need that

All the best