Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

14 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

People who refer to a country in Northern Europe as 'Holland'..... fucking no such country, it's called The Netherlands, this annoys me far greater than it should in fairness  

Huge - found this out a week ago and desperate to drop it into conversation vibes.

0_1-02.jpg

9 hours ago, RH33 said:

Was £22 when I stopped other week. I had haddock and chips for £9 which I thought reasonable.

I think that's a bit dear, tbh. (Maybe not in the context of this particular eating establishment by all accounts, but I'd be expecting something special for that sort of money.)

22 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think that's a bit dear, tbh. (Maybe not in the context of this particular eating establishment by all accounts, but I'd be expecting something special for that sort of money.)

Proper thick fresh haddock.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

It's the same with that Brodie Countryfare place in Forres, just extortionate shite.

Someone told me the food just down the road at the Old Mill Inn is top notch, still expensive but you get what you pay for, unlike Brodies. He had the Sunday lunch.

13 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

"your contact telephone number"
As opposed to my telephone number I can't be contacted on?

What number would you like me to contact you on, be it home, work or mobile?

"long card number"
There is only one card number, the adjective is superfluous.

Give me the long number on the front, not the short number on the back.

It saves time.

Edited by welshbairn

The scoreline bit in the top left of the screen whenever a PSG match is being shown. 

Why opt for PAR over PSG when there are bound to be multiple teams in Paris, and PSG is custom f***ing designed for the three letters per team name scoreboard? Why?!

It saves time.
Well of course they're asking for the number the person is best contactable on.

There is only one card number. The number on the back isn't your card number.

It only saves time if people are idiots. And they'll never learn if you coddle them. Such folk don't deserve to be part of society.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

"your contact telephone number"
As opposed to my telephone number I can't be contacted on?

"long card number"
There is only one card number, the adjective is superfluous.

In my work I occasionally have to take phone payments. A good percentage of our customers are thick as pigshit so it's better to say "long card number" or they are likely to give you the account number. 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

The scoreline bit in the top left of the screen whenever a PSG match is being shown. 

Why opt for PAR over PSG when there are bound to be multiple teams in Paris, and PSG is custom f***ing designed for the three letters per team name scoreboard? Why?!

PAR is only appropriate if PSG score three own goals and their star player is injured in a freak accident. Right P&Bers :thumsup2