Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Crowd shaming.

Aye, we know Livingston don't have big crowds. They never will. 

So what? I think it's incredibly wanky to cry about their support. At least their fans support their team rather than Sevco or Celtic.

I think the tweet by this website is exceptionally wanky and pretty pish behaviour.

Few things in one - Asked the lassie to add 10% to our bill tonight and she told me they don't get the tip if you do that. Another lassie asked what the issue was and I explained it. I'm not sure but I think she was the assistant manager. She said that the machines are awkward and I left it at that. What really pissed me off on top of the fact I couldn't leave a tip was that the waitress walked past me soon after and looked like she had had a telling off. I actually pulled her to the side to ask if I had got her in bother and she said "No. It's fine", which suggested she had actually been pulled up. Combine that with the fact the owner happily took my tip the week before and failed to inform me of this (effectively charging me £7 more) I'm pretty pissed off a poor lassie has been telt off for being honest.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Few things in one - Asked the lassie to add 10% to our bill tonight and she told me they don't get the tip if you do that. Another lassie asked what the issue was and I explained it. I'm not sure but I think she was the assistant manager. She said that the machines are awkward and I left it at that. What really pissed me off on top of the fact I couldn't leave a tip was that the waitress walked past me soon after and looked like she had had a telling off. I actually pulled her to the side to ask if I had got her in bother and she said "No. It's fine", which suggested she had actually been pulled up. Combine that with the fact the owner happily took my tip the week before and failed to inform me of this (effectively charging me £7 more) I'm pretty pissed off a poor lassie has been telt off for being honest.

Aye, that's the managers/owners stealing tips. Really poor show.

1 minute ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

My smart meter is saying we've spent 40 grands worth of electricity today.  The Internet suggests its a display issue which is relatively common but either way they'll not be getting that amount.

IMG-20221001-WA0007.jpg

See the source image

Same here 2 years earlier.
There was Higher Maths, but I don't think there was Higher Arithmetic.
That was certainly the case in 86 and 87 when I sat my O levels and highers. My daughter thinks I'm talking shite when I tell her that I had to sit a seperate arithmetic exam without being allowed to use a calculator.

My sister in law worked in various restaurants over the years and always tells us to leave the tip in cash. More chance the staff will see it in her experience.

10 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I’m another with O Level Arithmetic and there was definitely no Higher Arithmetic. 

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I have an O grade in Latin

Big team etc 

So have I!

5 years of torture for an O Grade. The head of the Classics department pulled 4 of us out of a Latin class and STRONGLY ADVISED us to take O Grade instead of Higher. I agreed with him. (I think he knew we were that bad that we wouldn't even get a compensatory O if we sat Higher, but we might scrape an O off our own bat.)

8 hours ago, peasy23 said:
19 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

That was certainly the case in 86 and 87 when I sat my O levels and highers. My daughter thinks I'm talking shite when I tell her that I had to sit a seperate arithmetic exam without being allowed to use a calculator.

Perhaps an example of the Mandela Effect, but I'm fairly sure that I had separate calculator and non-calculator papers in Maths exams during the latest 90's / earliest 2000s.

FWIW, I am absolutely atrocious at arithmetic, but managed to get through the rest of maths with a bit of hard work. Resat Higher maths in 6th year to improve my grade from a C to a B (for uni application, only to later change courses to one that only needed a C 😄).

How the f*** I never got an A still confuses me though.  I put most of my effort into maths that year (at the expense of other subjects which were just a means to an end) and knew all the past paper questions inside out.  Might genuinely have been a series of arithmetic f***-ups in a non-calculator paper.

Edited by Hedgecutter

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Perhaps an example of the Mandela Effect, but I'm fairly sure that I had separate calculator and non-calculator papers in Maths exams during the latest 90's / earliest 2000s.

FWIW, I am absolutely atrocious at arithmetic, but managed to get through the rest of maths with a bit of hard work. Resat Higher maths in 6th year to improve my grade from a C to a B (for uni application, only to later changing courses to one that only needed a C 😄).

Int 2 Maths (Standard Grade's replacement) had a non-calculator paper

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Int 2 Maths (Standard Grade's replacement) had a non-calculator paper

Sounds about right then, cheers.

Bit shite for anybody with numeracy difficulties though, which might sound odd to some, but the terms arithmetic and mathematics aren't synonymous.  I don't remember physics (which may as well have been called 'Applied Mathematics') requiring non-calculator papers.

Despite my best attempts, I've never been able to remember the times tables.  Might be a mild dyscalculia thing, but it's no wonder I developed maths anxiety.