Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

And there's not mush room either.

People who wanted their business to be easily searchable. I'm crtnly not a fan, but it makes sense.

Nearly as bad as the plumbers etc in Yellow Pages (look it up, kids) who stick their adverts in as:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMageePlumbingLtd

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm sure this will have been mentioned in here before but I've just seen an advert for a barber shop called BRBR and it set a fire within me. Who started this braindead notion of removing vowels from a standard word for a "cool" business name? Not only do I hope these businesses fail but if there is anything I can do to accelerate that process I will now be actioning it. I believe this barber shop is in Inverclyde so I call on the P&B masses to bully them out of existence. 

one for auld cnts but I would have thought a shop called BRBR would sell antique phones. 

26 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:
Should it not be "laws of arithmetic"?

Arithmetic is just a sub set of mathematics, no? So any laws of arithmetic are also laws of mathematics.

When I did my O Grades in 1971 there were separate Maths and Arithmetic qualifications.

16 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

When I did my O Grades in 1971 there were separate Maths and Arithmetic qualifications.

Being a bit more academic in those days (and about the same vintage) I added O Grade Statistics to those two.

And well done Granny. It's always been a real PTTGOMN for me that people in this country used to refer to having O Levels. No they didn't - not unless they took English exams.

10 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Neighbours that have assigned parking spaces/drives but park in the communal spaces so they don’t have to walk an extra 5 metres to their front door 

I had something similar. I used to live in a new build that used to be garages next to some high rises.  When the new houses were built they turned the garages into a communal car park for the new builds.  The communal car park of course ended up being used an overflow for the high rises so you had arseholes who would ordinarily use the communal car park parking at 90 degrees behind you, a car width away from the back of my car so you had to do a 146 point turn to get out of your space.

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Neighbours that have assigned parking spaces/drives but park in the communal spaces so they don’t have to walk an extra 5 metres to their front door 

As a subset of this, in my street we have 6 communal parking bays. We have a driveway so don't need them but my wife gets very riled by the fact that two caravans take up these spaces all year round.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

As a subset of this, in my street we have 6 communal parking bays. We have a driveway so don't need them but my wife gets very riled by the fact that two caravans take up these spaces all year round.

I don't think that's allowed. Factor/council call maybe.