Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Our local butchers had a makeover this last fortnight, it seems to have been more for the benefit of the staff, they don't need to nip into the back storage room so often as the shop has been enlarged so there is more produce on display for customers to take to the counter, or needing the shelves restocked as often.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

That's the point, you end up "that doesn't look too bad", "maybe try this", bit of a shock when you get to the checkout, most annoying.

Also why they used to have sweets and snacks by the checkout, so that kids would pester their parents while they were having their stuff scanned. I think the rules were changed to stop that.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I agree. They swapped the beer aisle and the wine aisle around. What's the point?

There's folk who get very good money to spout pish about about how folk 'flow' through supermarkets. 

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Also why they used to have sweets and snacks by the checkout, so that kids would pester their parents while they were having their stuff scanned. I think the rules were changed to stop that.

Nah, there's still plenty of that, or at least by the self scan checkouts there are.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

My local Tesco had zero tills open yesterday.

Free shopping!

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Maybe it was a gentlemen's agreement which has been ditched as corporate greed reasserts itself.

Was more likely an advertisement ploy.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

There's folk who get very good money to spout pish about about how folk 'flow' through supermarkets. 

Nah, there's still plenty of that, or at least by the self scan checkouts there are.

Tesco Kingsway is just full of nuts and bottles of water.

Silly healthy arseholes. 

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

My local Tesco had zero tills open yesterday.

The same at Sainsburys last night. I could perhaps understand if it had been quite late but it was only about half seven. It's a pain in the arse self scanning stuff with a trolley full.

Edited by microdave

3 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Stupidly left my iPad in Dublin airport on Saturday, however it was found and I have been in contact to have it returned. It's an older model, and they are looking for £130 to send it back. 

Cheaper to go and collect it yourself.

4 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Stupidly left my iPad in Dublin airport on Saturday, however it was found and I have been in contact to have it returned. It's an older model, and they are looking for £130 to send it back. 

Is that lost property or some chancer? If it's lost property you could fly over from London for a quarter of that.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Tesco Kingsway is just full of nuts and bottles of water.

Silly healthy arseholes. 

I was in there earlier. I've no idea if it's a ploy but by being a regular shopper there and not having a clubcard you'd have to be both clinically insane and damn near bankrupt.

I'm sure this will have been mentioned in here before but I've just seen an advert for a barber shop called BRBR and it set a fire within me. Who started this braindead notion of removing vowels from a standard word for a "cool" business name? Not only do I hope these businesses fail but if there is anything I can do to accelerate that process I will now be actioning it. I believe this barber shop is in Inverclyde so I call on the P&B masses to bully them out of existence.