Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

This is the worst thing i've read in a long time.

How much did you fucking read of this self indulgent dreck? I started to fear the worst when he said that Gemmil's goal was used as metaphor for orgasm. It wasn't. The rest was a narcissistic word salad of self important pish. I stopped about a third of the way through.

Awful.

13 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I was on holiday in Lanzarote and the barman went ahhh Scottish who do you support Rangers or Celtic,he just could not understand when i said i hated them both.

I had a similar experience in Sweden. Was at a bar, and was talking to a guy. 

"You're Scottish?....Rangers or Celtic?"

FFS

11 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

The carbon footprint of the royals is horrific. Private planes, fleets of cars following them around, Charles’s fleet of private cars lined up for him when he arrives at any of his castles. They need reigned in.

Nice.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Went to Tesco and they have the Christmas aisle up and running now. One item: Christmas cupcakes, with a best before date of October 2nd. 

Just how many people love Christmas so much that they will buy and eat cupcakes about it three months early?

I used to wonder about that. Lidl would get in Christmas Mini Stollen that would go bad before Christmas. Who's going to eat that this early, I thought.

Me. The answer was me. Still barred myself from going in there.

I could really go a Hot Cross Bun right now, thinking about it.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I used to wonder about that. Lidl would get in Christmas Mini Stollen that would go bad before Christmas. Who's going to eat that this early, I thought.

Stollen is good tbf, and should be eaten all year round.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

I love a nice pair of buns, any time of year. 

39 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Stollen is good tbf, and should be eaten all year round.

God damn you, Satan. I listened to you about the fish suppers, but I'm starting to think you don't have my best interests at heart.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

God damn you, Satan. I listened to you about the fish suppers, but I'm starting to think you don't have my best interests at heart.

You misheard me. I said you should MISS supper, because eating so close to bedtime is not recommended by 9 out of 10 doctors. 

2 hours ago, microdave said:

I'd bought and eaten a fair few boxes of mince pies before December last year. Although by the time Christmas came around, I was pretty scunnered with them. I'll probably do exactly the same this year.

I used to be in the school choir and we sang a song about mince pies.

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

I was in Dobbies today, and it's went full scale Christmas, including that distinctive cinnamon/clove smell as you come in the front door.

That's slightly better than the usual distinctive smell of fousty pish from coffin dodgers you get there