Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, throbber said:

My daughter decided she didn’t want toast this morning after the plate was already on her table and she threw the plate against the wall and it smashed on the ground just like the Jack nicolson scene from anger management when his eggs aren’t cooked right.

The Omen (1976) - Turner Classic Movies

3 hours ago, throbber said:

My daughter decided she didn’t want toast this morning after the plate was already on her table and she threw the plate against the wall and it smashed on the ground just like the Jack nicolson scene from anger management when his eggs aren’t cooked right.

If it GOYN, what was your reaction?

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

If it GOYN, what was your reaction?

I was obviously outraged and then when I told her off she spat on me and I carried her back to her room where she tantrumed for about  10 minutes and then came back downstairs as though butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth. 

I’m going to start an infuriating things your children do thread as the pregnancy and parenting thread seems a bit too serious.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

On 12/09/2022 at 12:57, Florentine_Pogen said:

Yep.

Virgin Media is my bete noire atm.

I've found posting on the Virgin Media forum quite handy, if I've had a problem I've had a PM quite quickly and a follow up call in a timely manner if required. 

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

My chemist closed at 2.30 instead of 6pm today so the staff could show respect. The funeral's not till Monday. I suppose if I was working there and didn't give a f**k I might play that one too.

Show some respect for folk showing some respect

Some mob by the name of "REWD Group" plastering themselves all over Falkirk, which it turns out after some reading appear to see themselves as uber landlords, buying up as much property as possible, but also encouraging others to do so, and running some sort of faux training scheme where they encourage folk to take on massive debt to buy up houses.

Bell ends

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Hyperbole such as the word "nightmare" to describe a PTTGOYN.

Don't think I have heard the word so much before this week as it appears to be the BBC commentator word of the week as we go through a week of Hyperbolic historic significance to the country if not the world............... 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Hyperbole such as the word "nightmare" to describe a PTTGOYN.

Its as bad as people describing every b*****ding meal out as "amazing !"

Once they have told you that 4 or 5 restaurants are "amazing" its kinda difficult to be able to discern which ones are "no bad" and which ones are actually really good.

Once they have told you that 4 or 5 restaurants are "amazing" its kinda difficult to be able to discern which ones are "no bad" and which ones are actually really good.
Iv mentioned this before, but her maw describes everything as having been "beautiful". Absolutely, bog standard, 2 courses for a tenner or 3 for 12.95 places always get this treatment. It does my fucking nut in.

57 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

That one that gets me. They say they had an amazing/brilliant meal,

Then tell you they were at TGI, Frankie & Benny's, or some pub chain like Greene King or Belhaven.

It mass chain crap, it can be edible or tasty or filling but never amazing.  

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Sometimes "amazing" simply refers to them getting a meal without having to cook it for themselves.