Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Clogie hoose still open gadgie?

Aye, no bad. They've got a wee van touring that estate selling rolls. Bastirts must make a fortune.

Was at Mr C's the day. Bacon and egg roll £3.20. she thought I asked for two eggs and I felt bad if she'd have to throw one out so I said just chuck it on the roll I'll pay for it. 

£3.90. :lol:

£1.40 for a can of juice.

Countries going to the dogs, lad. Ehburdeen are dragging us Doon feet first!

Edited by Mr. Alli

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Aye, no bad. They've got a wee van touring that estate selling rolls. Bastirts must make a fortune.

Was at Mr C's the day. Bacon and egg roll £3.20. she thought I asked for two eggs and I felt bad if she'd have to throw one out so I said just chuck it on the roll I'll pay for it. 

£3.90. :lol:

£1.40 for a can of juice.

Countries going to the dogs, lad. Ehburdeen are dragging us Doon feet first!

Aye, Aberdeen prices fair take the piss like.

The Clogie van used to come round my work, which is now the Fierce Brewery. Lovely caramel buns! 

23 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I was kidding, the boy had you taking the whole thing apart with a kitchen knife!

I'm afraid that's pretty standard with modern laptops; they're largely held closed with plastic teeth that have to be gently separated, if not with a dull knife then a spudger (not Biggie's murderpuss).

Yer video man's advice with the hinge seems pretty sound. I had one where the metal hinge ripped off the plastic, and some kind of epoxy was the only sensible answer, although it didn't last as the hinges were stiff as f**k anyway, so it broke away again.

@scottsdad - get a replacement from work with a hard drive access panel in the bottom, get a cheap SSD, and swap them over when you want to perform your filthy business on the internet without them knowing. You're welcome.

Also, when you've taken everything off your old laptop, download and run DBAN on your old hard drive. No-one must ever know your secret shame.

On 31/08/2022 at 19:55, scottsdad said:

I have an Acer Aspire laptop. Bought it at the start of lockdown. Today the left hinge between the base and screen came apart. A quick google tells me that this is a common issue with this type of computer, and has been for years. I'm well out of warranty now. 

I can "clip" much of the screen back in to place but opening and closing the laptop is impossible now.

Try getting in touch with the Repair Workshop and tell them it's a family heirloom that your grandad used during the war.

30 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Try getting in touch with the Repair Workshop and tell them it's a family heirloom that your grandad used during the war.

This should do it:

"It's an Enigma machine. He was the Submarine commander that Captain Mainwearing told Pike's name to"

13 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I don't like the official SPFL website referring to teams like you might with your mates down the pub.

Full club names Scottish Cup draw style please.

Screenshot_20220902-004159_Chrome.jpg

Stirling Albion. Chortle. I'm also surprised they didn't just put East.